What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

High resolution website

Neospy

NSISTING on nVidia
Spork,

This is great, but I already have a site @ n64hires.neonet.savefile.com

Maybe we will need two sites to handle the traffic.

_Chrono_

aka Chrono Archangel
spork9, i wouldnt link directly to Emutalk's attachment. If you want to host the files, do that on your webspace. Stealing bandwith is a big no no...if you dotn have the space just point to the thread, not to the files directly.

Neospy, your mainpage is still titled "Untitled". The letter "L" isnt accessible in the "S" page...

You guys should try and work on only one website. Once something that is presentable is done maybe you could ask MArtin if he could host it, you wouldnt have to worry about space and bandwith. nway just tryin to help

OP
spork9

spork9

RU D0WN W1TH 00P?
i sent a pm and if they reject ill shut down. I juss wanted it up + i was bored and this is the only place that has the hires textures. I could of hidden urls and covered them with the rom names but i wanted peeps to know that they came from here.

Martin

Administrator
Would probably better if we setup a subdomain on emutalk and give all the authors and involved FTP logins, no? That way the authors wouldn't have to worry about the attachment feature and its limits either.

Neospy

NSISTING on nVidia
Martin said:
Would probably better if we setup a subdomain on emutalk and give all the authors ftp logins, no?
Or, in the other post, as we said, do a WIKI. Spork, I have uploaded those textures to my site. I have like 150mb and i still have 120 of 'em. If you want to work on this together, then lets get started!

Dejital

Martin, I'm sure an FTP would work better. Good idea. Easy to upload and easy to download. As long as the authors keep everything organized by name of game, we shouldn't have any trouble leeching or uploading. Great idea, Martin.

Last edited:

dragon_rider

私は竜が好き&#
Isn't an FTP a type of P2P network, just like KaZaa? I don't believe in using P2Ps; if you're caught by the feds, you're a screwed. They're also loaded with viruses/malware.

cloudscapes

Carbon-based molecule.
dragon_rider said:
Isn't an FTP a type of P2P network, just like KaZaa? I don't believe in using P2Ps; if you're caught by the feds, you're a screwed. They're also loaded with viruses/malware.

No, FTP stands for File Transfer Protocol, and is at least as old as HTTP (Hyper Text Transfer Protocol). It's what 99.9999997% of all webmasters use to download/upload their webcontent. It's perfectly safe and 100% legal assuming the admin knows what they're doing.

In P2P's defence, mostly just the popular ones are crap-ridden. Soulseek, DC++ and eMule/eDonkey is perfectly safe on their own. Any viruses and malware you get are from stuff you'd download off of it.

P2P apps themselves are "legal". That doesn't mean they're moral. And it doesn't mean what you download *with* a P2P app is legal. Big organizations like the RIAA make us believe that it's illegal to even install one of those apps, when in fact, officially, it's only 90% of the stuff you get on it. Remember, you can download legal things off P2P as well! Isn't law and politics fun? :party:

Last edited:

Acorn

Dragon, sorry, but you couldn't be further off on just about all of that.

First off, P2P stands for Peer to Peer. Its a type of network. In my old house, for example, we had a peer to peer network going - meaning, each computer was connected to the one next to it, and whenever one wanted to talk to another that it wasn't directly connected to it had to go through the others in its way.

All that ends up meaning is, P2P is a network protocal that doesn't use a centralized server. It has nothing to do with legality. Did you know Blizzard has been using BitTorrent, another (mostly) P2P application to press out its newest releases? Did you know Sierra's Steam uses a form a P2P? Even if EmuTalk were to use a form of P2P like BitTorrent or Kazaa (which they wouldn't) in order to save on bandwidth it would be no more illegal than putting them anywhere else.

Second, FTP stand for File Transfer Protocal. Is is a central server based system, meaning that one server will send to many clients. Like Hyper Text Transfer Protocal, only it was designed to transfer files in Binary (and other modes) over a wider varity of networks. That means, its not P2P, in any sense. Its been been around forever and a day. Also, since (like in torrents) the authors will be in directly control of the content, there won't be any more viri than with using vB's attachment system.

Sorry for the long message, and don't think I'm being mean - I just wish/want people to understand more than the RIAA's buzzwords.

Edit: Well, if I hadn't been unable to connect to the site for 10 mins this post mighta made it in time :p Oh well, someone is always faster.

Last edited:

dragon_rider

私は竜が好き&#
Alright, just as long as they're not anything like P2Ps, I don't mind using them.

Martin

Administrator
Right, I've setup http://hires.emutalk.net and have uploaded all current textures to subfolders on it. I will contact all authors with the FTP info so they can link their posts from it.

For the actual website, I don't know who will manage it, so I'll send the FTP password to spork9 and Neospy as well.

cloudscapes

Carbon-based molecule.
I did think of releasing texturepacks using Torrents and ED2K though (both P2P). I use ED2K all the time when releasing (legal) live shows I record.

EDIT: Excellent Martin. :D Will authors just be responsible for uploading files or will they be able to/need to supply screenshots and descriptions as well?

Last edited:

Martin

Administrator
cloudscapes said:
I did think of releasing texturepacks using Torrents and ED2K though (both P2P). I use ED2K all the time when releasing (legal) live shows I record.

EDIT: Excellent Martin. :D Will authors just be responsible for uploading files or will they be able to/need to supply screenshots and descriptions as well?
Check your PMs. :)

OP
spork9

spork9

RU D0WN W1TH 00P?
This is the placeholder for domain hires.emutalk.net. If you see this page after uploading site content you probably have not replaced the index.html file.

I got that message