What's new

Need help: Dolphin: Paper Mario 2

greeneggsnsp

Okay, so I have the game paper mario 2; and this is exactly how it is after downloading.
16bv.jpg

so anyway, I extract the files, but all of the files have the same file in it; so I think it doesn't matter anyway. But anyway the file you get this after extracting:
23mv.jpg

Okay, so I read all the faqs and help files etc. and know that you are supposed to change the end to a .gcm, but I'm not sure if you are supposed to replace the iso, just add the gcm on, or whatever. So I basically did everything I could think of.
36or1.jpg

okay, so now I open up dolphin and I link to the folder and I get all the possible file-types all showing up with the picture next to them. Eventually I try them all and the same thing happens each time.
42pr.jpg

okay, so what happens is it boots and all, and then starts playing; just like it should...or so it seems??? (Also there's no music, but when the page turns there's sound for that)
83df.jpg

shorty after this point, if I allow it to continue without pressing anything I get this error screen and all the graphics are messed up and I have to restart to fix them.
61ey.jpg

Now then I tried the same thing again, only trying to skip the intro thing by pressing enter; however after pressing enter the program freezes and then a black screen comes up and I have to manually shut down by holding the power button (note: this isn't actually a screen shot, but it is what it looks like)
98wc.jpg

Okay, so now I'm frustrated because I've read everything I could and done pretty much everything also, so I decide to give it a go with the starcube loader...no luck, in fact less luck as it remains stuck on waiting. But that doesn't really matter because I want to use dolphin anyway.
71pe.jpg

Okay, so I am really lost. I have a 2.8 GHz CPU, 496 MB ram, Intel(R) 82852/82855 GM/GME Graphics Controller (which I know isn't listed, but the thing still says that video card should work under the Graphics Plugin Properties for Dolphin), and I have the dlls that were in the dll folder, and I have directX 9.0c, and well...I don't know...
Anybody know what I've done wrong?

ector

Emulator Developer
Don't trust the thing in the Graphics plugin properties :)

My suggestion is get the latest drivers you can find for your gfx card. If that doesn't help you're out of luck :p
Paper Mario hangs when you get into combat anyway.

Pky

Hmmmm...i don't know... but it seems you have a lot of programs on the windows bar, dunno if they consume cpu power. The photos of the file aren't useful to the ppl to see... And as he says: it hangs anyway. Good luck...

OP
G

greeneggsnsp

yeah, I have the latest drivers and everything; I don't know, It's not an old computer (actually it's a laptop, but still only about a year or so old), and it's been able to handle all other graphics.

About the icons on the bottom, they don't really take up much power (the task manager says ~2%), and I tried it with a bunch closed. Ahwell, guess I'll just have to wait. Sorry about the extra photos of the file, just didn't know if I did something wrong with the extraction or such. Thanks anyways for your help guys. Ah well. Thanks again.

DOGG

you can't load a game with the starcube loader. that's made to send stuff from your PC to your gamecube

Burnpro

Supar ***
if ector tell you the game crashes when in combat then don;t bother trying to get a fix.. he is the dolphin's author ;)

Will paper mario 2 work with dolphin 1.03? Even if the fps is only 5-10, i still wanna play it, and currently don't have money for a GC :p

txOjO

MDKEiToR
if you have a mobile computer and you have on background windows update (updates), here is the problem :)