What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Question on how to use the ci textures

Amon_Knives

Film Student
Ok, I'm having a lot of trouble with the ci .bmp textures in the game, for some reason, they always turn out like the picture below. Can someone help me out and tell me how I can get the ci.bmp textures working like I do with the .png textures?

OP
Amon_Knives

Amon_Knives

Film Student
Federelli said:
Simple, dont't change the palette

I don't think I do, but how would I know if I do...oh, would it be changed if I put the texture I choose over the old one...if so, how do I change that so it doesn't change the palette?

OP
Amon_Knives

Amon_Knives

Film Student
...........that would be very hard considering most of the textures I work with are realistic counterparts of the originals...as in differant colors. Any suggestions? (sorry, I'm just now learning about this stuff on palettes and I've been using photoshop for two years now.)

_pm_

Pathetic Member
Amon_Knives said:
I don't think I do, but how would I know if I do...oh, would it be changed if I put the texture I choose over the old one...if so, how do I change that so it doesn't change the palette?
I think it may be related with the colors you are using, can you post a copy of the original CI texture and the modified one? Maybe I can help :plain:

OP
Amon_Knives

Amon_Knives

Film Student
first picture is what i want it to be, second is what it is originally...if you can see it

Last edited:

jdsony

I've been working with a lot of CI textures in Wave Race and I usually resize the original and then copy it and paste it to a new image to work on it. When it's done I paste it back over the old image and usually the colours change to fit the palette which is usually ok but sometimes there ends up being a lot of dithering. One texture in particular I had to rework after I pasted it because the palette really wasn't big enough and it looked very grainy. This is with Photoshop though so it could be the way your software package is handling saving the files, it may be changing the palette.

OP
Amon_Knives

Amon_Knives

Film Student
jdsony said:
I've been working with a lot of CI textures in Wave Race and I usually resize the original and then copy it and paste it to a new image to work on it. When it's done I paste it back over the old image and usually the colours change to fit the palette which is usually ok but sometimes there ends up being a lot of dithering. One texture in particular I had to rework after I pasted it because the palette really wasn't big enough and it looked very grainy. This is with Photoshop though so it could be the way your software package is handling saving the files, it may be changing the palette.

I think I recall somthing like that happening one time when I was working on a texture, I just never realized how I did it. Thanks jdsony, I'll try that and see if it works.

EDIT #1: Well, when pasted it back, it returned to it's original palete, so I thought "yes I can finally get things done", but then when I ran the game, I still got the same results as before.

Last edited:

_pm_

Pathetic Member
Finally, I found that your second texture palette is totally messed up! :yucky: Take a look at the two PSP9 screenshots and see the difference.
I send the the texture with the correct palette, it should work fine.

Anyways, if this texture doesn't have aggresive palette color changes (or the palette doesn't change at all), take the ciByRGBA textures advantage!! :)

OP
Amon_Knives

Amon_Knives

Film Student
_pm_ said:
Finally, I found that your second texture palette is totally messed up! :yucky: Take a look at the two PSP9 screenshots and see the difference.
I send the the texture with the correct palette, it should work fine.

Anyways, if this texture doesn't have aggresive palette color changes (or the palette doesn't change at all), take the ciByRGBA textures advantage!! :)

Hmm, are those photoshop screens? I havn't encountered anything that looks like that (although I still am new anyways). I have also tried the new plugin's thing, and that also will not work for me. :yucky: . I don't know, but beginning to really aggrevate me that I can't figure it out.