What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Wave Race lovers

Kovner

Where are the fans of the best and more addictive N64 games? I have begin to redo some texture, but the first results simply sux :ala:

Anyone else have done somenthing on WR 64? Maybe we could do an open source project, :santa: special the original drivers's textures are quite poor and with new textures the game could reborn to a new life.

_pm_

Pathetic Member
Hey, nice to know another game is being retextured!! :bouncy:
Please post some screenshots to show your progress :)

jdsony

I did a bit of work on this last week. I'll upload something after I get a bit more completed and working.

First is a totally messed up menu. Any ideas? Then a reworked beach hut and then the new jump.

OP
K

Kovner

Before and after. Results could be great, just the time to improve our knowladge......

Wave race still rocks after 9 years!!!

Last edited:

_pm_

Pathetic Member
jdsony said:
I did a bit of work on this last week. I'll upload something after I get a bit more completed and working.

First is a totally messed up menu. Any ideas? Then a reworked beach hut and then the new jump.
Hey, the jump and the hut look very nice! About the text, maybe you could
try playing with the plugin settings?

Kovner said:
Before and after. Results could be great, just the time to improve our knowladge......
Nice texture, although if I were you, I'd try to align it a bit better and add the snow at the top. :) Anyways, keep it up! :happy:

Any plans to redo the landscapes?

jdsony

I'm not sure how well I could retexture landscapes so I haven't attempted it much. I'm not very good at organic textures yet because I haven't had much experience with those. Here's a pic of the first watercraft with most of the textures replaced (the most important ones anyway).

OP
K

Kovner

Great work jdsony,

I' m enjoing to change the main textures, like water, ice, snow, etc. I hope to have better results those are just a try :yucky:

Rice

Emulator Developer
Why don't you guys start to work on the texts first? Such textures are usually the easiest ones to start with. You can, but it won't look good if you just use some other completely different textures to replace the original ones. Such textures won't fit into the game very well.

jdsony

I think I'll stick with redoing the jet ski's and characters. I've almost completed the the Kaze jetski and rider. The other ones should be slightly quicker because some of the textures will just be a quick palette change to replace them. I'm going for a 99% original look. Getting 100% is difficult due to fonts and some guess work is needed in deciphering the low resolution texture. It definitely helps to have screen shots to refer to while you are looking through the textures or while you are editing.

Rice: Have you ever thought about adding an option in your plugin to remove the overscan like what Orkin had in his? Definitely a feature I would love to see someday in your plugin.

OP
K

Kovner

Rice said:
Why don't you guys start to work on the texts first? Such textures are usually the easiest ones to start with. You can, but it won't look good if you just use some other completely different textures to replace the original ones. Such textures won't fit into the game very well.

You are right, maybe texture won't fit well sometime, but the real challange is to change the track environment, for exemple in glacier race I'have done almost a new scenario. Ok, my textature aren't perfect, but with more time and experience we could have impressive results.

I'have to say Nintendo designers have done a terrific work in 1996 with those crappy textures with few colors. All those year I'have played WR I wonder how the game could run so smooth, now I see the big work designers put in this game to make all those polygons run fast and without bad clipping. :smurf:

spork9

RU D0WN W1TH 00P?
This game is high up on the list with dkr. Keep up the good work and get thoes textures on the net :)

spork9

RU D0WN W1TH 00P?
Its nice that people want to do this game but its gonna be a pain in the ass when you give out the downloads because of the 3 authors end up doing same textures