What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

how should i save png files from photoshop so the plugin will use them?

TallgeeseIII

i've tried every filter but kept interlace on none, and the game still isn't using the new textures, they're _all and _rgb files. any help would be appreciated.

optimus$prime

TallgeeseIII said:
i've tried every filter but kept interlace on none, and the game still isn't using the new textures, they're _all and _rgb files. any help would be appreciated.

hmmm; after improving safe them as png 24 or 32bit. that's it
i never used any filters...
remember when changing the size you have to stay at original aspect ratio (32x16 ->4 times the original size = 128x64)

good luck

Last edited:
OP
TallgeeseIII

TallgeeseIII

uhm, it doesn't give me the option to save it by bit type... it gives me this after i click save as, i'm using photoshop 7.0 with no patches.

optimus$prime

TallgeeseIII said:
uhm, it doesn't give me the option to save it by bit type... it gives me this after i click save as, i'm using photoshop 7.0 with no patches.

i use photoshop 8 but there shouldn't be much difference.
i would choose none to both options

if it doesn't work then try the "save for web" and select png

OP
TallgeeseIII

TallgeeseIII

*sigh* no luck yet, i also tried paint shop pro 7 and it can't even save png's with alpha channels so that was no good. i have the gimp on my linux partition but i'd rather not use that yet... is there anything else that could be wrong...

_pm_

Pathetic Member
TallgeeseIII said:
...i also tried paint shop pro 7 and it can't even save png's with alpha channels so that was no good...
PSP7 doesn't save PNGs with alpha channels properly (or maybe it doesn't support them). However, PSP8 and above should work fine with them.

Last edited:
OP
TallgeeseIII

TallgeeseIII

ok, i've tried the gimp, that didn't work, i've tried saving as a bitmap, and that didn't work, and this can load outside textures because it is loading the texture pack i downloaded, and no, there aren't any duplicates of this texture, i don't know what else to do!

Federelli

Beta Tester
What i'd do in your case is load a 24/32bit PNG, then delete whatever was in it, then add waht i want, then save it.
And there you've got a working png.