What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

How to make Hi res Texture

Djipi

Zelda CelShade Producer
Hello all!!

I'm new in this texturing domain but i would like to contribute to the retexturing project!!
But how can i do? with Gimp? Photoshop?
Have to make a beautiful texture same federelii or kman?

I really want to help you? please

althought There is a tutorial to remake texture?

cloudscapes

Carbon-based molecule.
Either Gimp or Photoshop, yes. Or Paint Shop Pro, or Painter (NOT Paint), etc..

Well for one, you have to be soemwhat of an artist at heart and in mind, but I guess that's a given.

Remember there is no easy way to creat mind blowing textures. A few of us have years of experience. Though nothing's stopping you from getting started on the right track. Do you have experience in either of the two programs you mentioned? Do you want to create new (indentical) textures from scratch or use existing lo-res textures as a base and upgrade them?

OP
D

Djipi

Zelda CelShade Producer
I dont have a good and long experience in photoshop
I would like to upgrade low texture to make good texture !!!
It's possible?

cloudscapes

Carbon-based molecule.
Yes, it is indeed possible!
As long as you have *some* photoshop experience, you can follow a few steps I wrote a dozen days ago in this thread. It will help you get started in upgrade experimentation and you'll get results quickly.

Last edited:

HiReZ92

When you make "textures" do you make them into PNGs and place them in your hi res folder and name them as the same as the dumped textures? Would this be the way of making a texture:

Say for instance that a game like Super Mario 64 you want to change the texture of the grass. You then take a picture off line that you find that has grass that you would like to make that grass texture into Mario 64 as a grass texture. So now you photoshop the picture so that you just get that grass texture in the picture and place it the hi res folder.

Is this how you go about in making textures?

Vanit

Haha, do you realise how old this thread. My god, this was when Djipi was a complete newb too XD.

Well I don't know about stealing the texture as I'd usually just remake it myself... but you got the theory more or less correct.