What's new

FPS is going hangwire

AllenR

Suddenly my FPS for games has started going hangwire. Here's my specs;

Windows XP Pro SP2
Intel(R)
Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1.70GHz
1.69 GHz, 768MB of RAM

At first when I started using the thing, it ran just fine and would work even with a few programs running in the background. But now the FPS just drops down to 3.00 all the time. I'm using the default Jabo's Direct3D6 1.5 plugin for the video as well. Any ideas on how to fix this? So far I've noticed it slows down with all my few games (Only being Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64 and Paper Mario).

Also, can I get some suggestions on what plugins would be best for my rig? Thanks in advance.

goteki

Not Interested
For starters, what video card are you using? That's one thing that will have a major effect on performance. Try using Rice's Video 6.1.0c (compatible with the most games, found in the 1964 thread), or Orkin's Direct64 0.5 (doesn't work with a few games, but otherwise is really fast and smooth for the ones that it does like the Zelda games and Mario64).

OP
A

AllenR

Alright, I updated my driver but that didn't solve it either. I'm starting to think maybe it's not Project64, but the ROM's I am using. Because Mario 64 seems to run just fine, but every other rom I got from that site just runs like crap. So I'm going to try another rom from a different site (if I can find one) and see what happens then.

dragon_rider

私は竜が好き&#
Woah, someone else who has the same problem as me! Yeah, what the crap is wrong with this plugin!? My videocard is not insufficient for N64 emulation FYI.