What's new

What emus can run games that run on nebula?

spork9

RU D0WN W1TH 00P?
TOPIC.

I got soul calibur and hotd but i can run nebula. please give me an alternate

Allnatural

Nebula is a neo-geo/cps-2 emulator...Soul Calibur is a naomi game. I don't know what made you think the two would mix...

I suppose the best hope for naomi emulation would be Chankast, based on an old thread on this board, but I don't know if there's been progress since then.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Actually Soul Calibur is a Namco system 12 game. It probably has some kind of protection so it cannot be emulated in MAME and Zinc. There might be a naomi port of the game (with graphics similar to the Dreamcast version) but this is not confirmed...

Allnatural

PsyMan said:
Actually Soul Calibur is a Namco system 12 game. It probably has some kind of protection so it cannot be emulated in MAME and Zinc. There might be a naomi port of the game (with graphics similar to the Dreamcast version) but this is not confirmed...
Thanks for the correction. Since it was on the Dreamcast, I just assumed it was naomi, hehe...

smcd

I'm pretty sure I've ran Soul Caliber in MAME, though it was very very slow... if I remember I'll take a screenshot when I get home.

Yeah it runs, but it isn't playable for certain. Sound is very sputtering and it always says "out of ring" but oh well...

sc.gif

Last edited:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Yeap, it runs in MAME but is acts in a strange (unplayable) way whenever you start a fight. Sound is fully emulated though...
The game is not included in Zinc because of the unplayable way it acts.
Same goes for some other system 12 games like Tekken tag tournament that are also protected. :)

isamu

PsyMan said:
Yeap, it runs in MAME but is acts in a strange (unplayable) way whenever you start a fight. Sound is fully emulated though...
The game is not included in Zinc because of the unplayable way it acts.
Same goes for some other system 12 games like Tekken tag tournament that are also protected. :)

Huh? R.Belmont confirmed Tekken 3 runs fine in Zinc.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Did I say something about Tekken 3? Of course Tekken 3 runs on both MAME and Zinc. I just said that TTT and SC are protected and are not playable on MAME or Zinc.