What's new

should i make it in dx or openglide !! vote now!!!

should we make it in dx or openglide or 3dfx

• yes openglide rocks!!!!

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • yes dx rocks the emul world!!!

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • yes 3dfx whould be great for old voodoo cards!!!

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • don't matter to me!!!!!!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gokuss4

Meh...
even though i dont have an opengl card, i suggest using opengl since it does the most and also because you need a lot of power to emulate the gamecube, so go for opengl, or you CAN try dx but i would still say opengl.

OP
L

lightknight

i got a voodoo3 3000 i thought of makeing a gfx plugin for the emulatore program

to....but i heard that dx is faster than opengl, so now i am thinking 1 of each. but still , i wonder if opengl and dx can be used with each other??

gokuss4

Meh...
yeah plus voodoo3 cant really support opengl and if you create a gamecube plug-in on a voodoo3 it will really be low tech, so i suggest someone who has a geforce 3 at the least or geforce 2 ultra to code a gamecube graphics plug-in in opengl because opengl has more graphics options plus a geforce 2 ultra/3 has more graphics support for like stuff here are the graphics specs for gamecube when i post them in my next post.

gokuss4

Meh...
Fog, Subpixel Anti-aliasing, 8 Hardware Lights, Alpha Blending, Virtual Texture Design, Multi-texturing, Bump Mapping, Environment Mapping, MIP Mapping, Bilinear Filtering, Trilinear Filtering, Anisotropic Filtering, Real-time Hardware Texture Decompression (S3TC), Real-time Decompression of Display List, HW 3-line Deflickering filter

thats it plus a voodoo3 only has 16-bit z buffer and 16-bit color support while a gamecube has 24-bit color and 24-bit z-buffer support.

plus the gamecube can produce from 6-million to 12-million polygons per second

6 million to 12 million polygons/second (Peak) (Assuming actual game conditions with complex models, fully textured, fully lit, etc.)

so i suggest using a geforce 2 gts 32/64mb ddr at the least to code a gamecube try a geforce 3 ti though.

Reznor007

You need something beyond the level of a Geforce4 or Radeon8500 to do everything the Gamecube can do.

A Voodoo3 would not be able to run it very well at all. Just look at how it fares on N64 emulation.

And Gamecube can do around 15-20 million polygons in a realistic game, Nintendo was being very conservative with the specs.

Zero

Liar Liar Pants On Fire!
I agree with Reznor007 on this matter.
The GC does use a modified version of OpenGL so I guess that would make it the best choice.

FRAIL_KNIGHT

I'm stuck ith a Voo Doo 3 2000, and It would mean a lot to me if you would make it compatible with all Voo Doo cards.:colgate:

So when you're on top and all famous for writing this emu, just remember the little people that are stuck with old crappy cards:cry:

:!!!::eek:hoh:

Ok, back to my music...

:music:FRAIL_KNIGHT:music:

OP
L

lightknight

i have a TNT2 Rage Pro 4x APG

i was thinking of useing it mainly , when i get some more $ to repair my P2 computer! right now i am using my dads pc to make the emulatore!:D :cool: and useing a old 1 with my voodoo 3000 card! to write the gfx pluings.

Eddy

I Run This
lightnike, you are trying to kill a flock of birds wit 1 stick, go for dc if you really interested, gc is too far off, and your not even starting on the right foot. you are going backwards right to left. Think about what you are doing, there is no way you can make a gc plugin for a voodoo3 or such cards when they are so old, outdated, and with practically no features the gc supports/uses.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
FRAIL_KNIGHT said:
I'm stuck ith a Voo Doo 3 2000, and It would mean a lot to me if you would make it compatible with all Voo Doo cards.:colgate:

Do you really think so? Since GC is so complex, crappy Voodoo-cards won't be able to handle the damn thing. So, actually, I don't really think it would be made compitable for all Voodoo-cards.

So when you're on top and all famous for writing this emu, just remember the little people that are stuck with old crappy cards:cry:

There's nothing to be done with those "old crappy" cards. They can't handle the advanced graphics of the GC. You must get a new card to be able to actually use a GC emulator. There's nothing to be done to that.

:!!!::eek:hoh:

Ok, back to my music...

:music:FRAIL_KNIGHT:music:
LOL.

BTW, I vote for OpenGL for two reasons. Err, well, maybe three:

1) Non-MS
2) More flexible that D3D
3) GC is a modified version of OGL (is it really?)

Oh... that's lame poll options.

Last edited:

gokuss4

Meh...
if i get good grades i might get a geforce 4 ti4200 thats good enough to emulate a gamecube isn't it? but i cant't code any emu so darn :(. if i could i would try, but i heard the gcn is less complex than a n64 :hrm:.

Reznor007

gokuss4 said:
if i get good grades i might get a geforce 4 ti4200 thats good enough to emulate a gamecube isn't it? but i cant't code any emu so darn :(. if i could i would try, but i heard the gcn is less complex than a n64 :hrm:.

Geforce4 can't do everything Flipper can. The whole 16 dependant texture reads Flipper does can't be matched with a Geforce4.