What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Sm64 retexturing

hizoka10

Hi,
I remade some textures of supermario 64 let me know if someone like.
Someone know if PNG is a lossy or lossless format?

edit1 :

The screenshot fere are very compressed so don't pay attention to artifact.

edit 2:

can't remove old screeenshot and upload new one so see page 2 of this thread.

--------------------------------------
How to us them

- just extract the folders from part 1 in your ..\plugin\hires_texture\ dir then part 6 and overwrite all.
- Some textures aren't loaded because of a bad CRC (I saw it when I installed Cloudscapes ones). So, if you have tried to dump textures please give me the right CRC, the best would be to give me a pack with all your correctly dumped textures. Thanks.
- Note that I don't give all the textures I've done because cloudscape's ones were better and fit with mine, so I suggest to complete my set of hires with cloudscape's ones and also with GUI pack from john doe and other orb or font pack ( put all textures in the root dir of the game to ensure files aren't duplicated, it could cause the plug-ins to hang).
Textures in ..\plugin\hires_texture\SUPER MARIO 64\Cloudscape modified\ are as it say some textures from cloudscape that I modified to make them fit with my hires style.
- Keep Texture enhancement set to 2X, less smooth as cloudscape and I don't have remade some textures that look great with such filters.

What is not done
- Feel free to give me all the textures you want (that I remade or not) that don't look good for you (on this thread), I'll see what I can do.
- I'll not enhance animated textures (explosion, bubbles, water, water dot, smoke...), grid and fonts.
- I will do skyboxes if someone give me them as unfolded cube in one image (and all original image with original name in one directory to find how to tile it after resizing).
Someone tell me "I can't see what is enhanced in the desert" by seeing a screenshot, so I included the dust text in my pack but as you can see it is a bit horrible most of the time (when used for the whole map). Since Higher texture aren't supported.
- I'll not made such textures (that looks worse when resized)

---------------------------------------
THANKS
---------------------------------------
- Nintendo and all people that made this great game.
- Rice for his hard work.
- Cloudscape for giving me the right to modify his textures.
- h3h3 for his support (would you have time to make the little puzzle of the skyboxes?)

Last edited:

pilm

Your flower text is great, the wood text too. I found the snow text fantastic, very nice rendering in my opinion.
The texts inside the pyramids looks well, so as "dire dire docks" walls.

I can't really see what texts you modded on the others screenshots (like the desert outside)... Nice work, hope to see more in the future !

_pm_

Pathetic Member
The wood and snow textures are great! Also, the textures at the pyramid look very good too :)

Last edited:

h3h3

I must say u did a fantastic job especially on the "underwater level"
look at my screens there are lots more of other awesome textures in that level

would u and cloudscape consider some kind of colaboration?

OP
H

hizoka10

Ice world and orbs fully remade, some sky texture but there is a junction probleme, some other textures enhanced, include johndoe and xxx textures pack and some of clouscape's one.
This is a beta, some textures are not loaded, don't know why, if you find, tell me.
Enjoy!

Last edited:
OP
H

hizoka10

a little patch

To comlete with other pack, put all textures in the root dir of the game to ensure files are not duplicated.

Sorry cloudscape I didn't see that you wanted to agree when others modifie your remaded textures, so it's a bit late but do you agree? (sorry, sorry)

Here are some screenshot of my "work in progress" for outside the castle and the first level. Should be release if someone is interested. I realeased a little patch too.

cloudscapes

Carbon-based molecule.
hizoka10 said:
Sorry cloudscape I didn't see that you wanted to agree when others modifie your remaded textures, so it's a bit late but do you agree? (sorry, sorry)

It's ok ;) no problem. I forget so many things myself.
As long as those who download your pack know which ones I made (before they were modified).

Great textures BTW! Very detailed.

h3h3

as I already said I like ur textures a lot :) and I also downloaded ur complete pack
but to be honest:

"the desert" looks really bad(actually "the sand" is what I mean)
u described it in ur tips I read it
it must be really hard to replace that texture ,anyways there is really imo space for improvements...if u wanted to continue working on it,that would be cool to me ;D

OP
H

hizoka10

Maybe I will make it 16x, see what it makes and I'll give you the trick to enable 16x textures.
Thanks cloudscape and h3h3 for your compliments.

OP
H

hizoka10

nothing good with 16x.
for the final pack see the first thread (was edited)
Does someone know what the font retexturing project become I can't see it anywhere. (was in cloudscape's thread)

Last edited:
OP
H

hizoka10

I posted a new pack in the second thread, download all sm64 second pack part to use it.
If you like, say it.

gamemaster777

Looks really awesome! I'm new here so I don't know if you have a new thread or what, but it's been 3 months since you posted on this one, I hope you're still working on it or will pick it back up soon, because it'll be one of my favorites if you finish it. :)