What's new

Panzer Dragoon Saga help

vidiot

Everyone told me I had to play Panzer Dragoon Saga, so like the drone I am I found a copy and now I want to play it. I snagged GiriGiri because everyone told me to get that and so far my experience with Panzer Dragoon Saga has been an interesting one. Too bad I have no idea what’s going on.

Apparently it seems (at least in the beginning) that large portions of this games story is told by FMV’s, which isn’t a bad thing. It’s just that GiriGiri decides to act retarded when it plays them. I wouldn’t say, “stutter”, but the FMV is played at an incredibly slow rate, I can count the frames here people. The sound does its best to stutter along with it like it’s trying really hard to load.

I have an Nvidia 6600 GT with 512 MB Ram and the actual game runs fine. In fact the game looks fantastic (when compared to its original look) when you turn on antialising and other fun filters. There seems to be a bizarre water creek that looks pixilated or something at one point in the game, but everything else runs smooth.

Any help would be appreciated. This seems to be an amazing game so far…just like to know what’s going on :p
-vidiot-

z3ntn3l

The only Tip i can give you is to try the Cassini Emulator.
Its a newer version of Giri. I can play many games with it. with sounds and FMV´s...

OP
V

vidiot

Hmm, this is still bizarre. :alien2:

So I got the fmv playing a tad bit better last night, I went into task manager and set Cassini to high priority. It sped up a little, but the sound was still stuttering a bit. I noticed in Cassini one could edit some preferences file in the Cassini folder (I think it’s a BAT file, I don’t remember.) I played around with some of the settings (V-Sync, etc.) But to no success. Tonight I’m going to test some other Saturn games I found to see if they have problems as well, which should be interesting. I found an ancient copy of the first Panzer Dragoon in my garage. Perhaps there is a problem with my copy of PDS?

Would codecs affect playback of Saturn FMV’s? I’m still not certain if it’s an audio problem or a video problem. I don’t seem to have other audio problems when playing the game.

Much appreciated.
-vidiot-

wizo5454

how can ppl still trust cassini. All Baritos and his team did was edit a better game.dat and put a hack in their emu to get all the loads of information on your computer. Just grab the game.dat of cassini and on copy it so you can update your girigiri game.dat file.

As for Panzer Dragon Saga, check the serial number of the game from loader.exe and see if it matches the one in the game.dat. If it doesn't, that means you have a different version. Thats mean the your copy of the game may have issues/flaws with the emulator.

*Hint:*buy a saturn (40$) , google swap method.