What's new

Dave's 1964/PJ Glide Plugin

crhylove

Banned
Hey! I have a voodoo 3000 and i can't get this plugin to work at all... just get a black screen... what's the haps? what drivers should i use? is this the right place to chat about that?

:devil:

OP
crhylove

crhylove

Banned
yeah, i am...`

... i tried all the tricks on the website... i get the little 3dfx splash screen and then.... nothing.... so i don't know what's going on. i've tried several romz.. and it's all the same dice....

conkerman

conkerman
are u trying games that work for sure? i know mario, and i dont know if he released a version that plays these, but mariokart, pilotwings, mace the dark age make sure the games are known as working
conkerman

OP
crhylove

crhylove

Banned
i'll try the ucode as soon as i get offline... that's probably the problem!!

and yes, i'm trying doable games...

hotshitu

Banned
You know what, maybe you _should_ try different drivers. Unfortunately you didn't mention what OS/card you have. If you have drivers with working tab sheets and/or 3dfx Tools installed you could try disabling the splash screen from there and see what happens. In any case, newer drivers are imperative.
www.voodoofiles.com have plenty though a bit disorganized by the looks of it.

Dave, should you be reading this ---> you are the man, way to go, keep it up, you go girl, etc. Maybe it's just me getting all nostalgic when I see an N64 emulator in conjunction with Glide, but you definitely brought back the fun and that's something htat has been sorely missing from all this as of late.
One last thing, could you possibly enable some kind of debug output in one of the next releases (of which there will be many I Hhope ;) )

OP
crhylove

crhylove

Banned
i figured it all out...

Well the big hairy problem was... that i was using 1964, not pj64, since it is listed as a zilmar spec plugin. i think dave that pursuit of 1964 compat should be a bigger goal, as it has lower system req (which is a logical goal in conjunction with older 3dfx cards) besides which it is (imnho) the most active emu currently, as pj64 is officially dead (but who knows, right?) and it is completely open source. Plus on MY machine (and i have every (U) rom) i get a higher compat than pj64, nemu, corn, or any emu you'd care to mention. That combined with it's incredible speed = a bigger fatter, tastier fish to fry.

on an unrelated note... GOOD JOB. plugin authors like u are what is going to ensure the emu scene (and not just n64 emu) stays vibrant and healthy and may cost some evil corporations just a little bit of money, which means one more asian kid wont get forced into slavery (maybe). You really are on the righteous side of a heavy corporate trench war, whether you look at it like that or not.

is somebody playing the fife?

rhy

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Re: i figured it all out...

crhylove said:
on an unrelated note... GOOD JOB. plugin authors like u are what is going to ensure the emu scene (and not just n64 emu) stays vibrant and healthy and may cost some evil corporations just a little bit of money, which means one more asian kid wont get forced into slavery (maybe). You really are on the righteous side of a heavy corporate trench war, whether you look at it like that or not.

i see ur praising the guy, but wtf were u smoking?!?:D

Dave2001

Oh, I just noticed this thread. 1964 works in the current development version, the problem was that it would close the plugin and re-open it when you switched to fullscreen, causing problems.

Also, a similar problem is that when you switch windows off the main window, say, going into the save state dialog, and then try to return to fullscreen, it freezes. This happens with both PJ64 and 1964.

OP
crhylove

crhylove

Banned
great!!

i can't wait to see it! i just got an adaptoid, so i'll be a great tester, if u need a beta tester.... :1964: rox!

rhY