What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Discussions about important information, tutorials, threads and textures packages

Rice

Emulator Developer
See the following posts for important links.

Last edited by a moderator:

JinXD

Important Links

Rice 6.1.0c release thread (includes guide to texture dumping/loading)
Rice 6.1.1 beta10 release thread

Games with updated texture packs [game - author]:

DIDDY KONG RACING - _pm_
MARIO KART 64 - Leonardo20
MONOPOLY - krhyluv
SMASH BROTHERS - _pm_, optimus$prime
SUPER MARIO 64 ("Environment" Pack) - cloudscapes, _pm_
SUPER MARIO 64 ("GUI" Pack) - John Doe
SUPER MARIO 64 ("Cel-Shade" Pack) - Kid A
STARFOX 64 - Kid A
THE LEGEND OF ZELDA - Federelli, KMan

There are lots of different texture packs for the same game being created (SUPER MARIO 64 especially). I've decided to link only to the most popular/complete packs.

Last edited:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
[highlight]Important notes[/highlight]

Texture packs created for a specific version of a game may not work for other versions of the same game.
(ie: Texture packs created for "Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (U) (V1.0) [!]" may not work with "Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (U) (V1.1) [!]" and/or "Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (E) (V1.0) [!]").

Remember to verify your ROMS and mention their goodN64 name when uploading or asking for a texture pack.

Last edited:

Federelli

Beta Tester
My textures work in Legend of Zelda 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, E, U and Master Quest.

Only in MQ there are some small changes. And some more textures in the E version such as the language selection screen

Talas

Son of the Sky
How do I insert the High Res Textures into the Roms? I thought I would find the info here, since it says "Tutorials".

iMartin

801DAE8B0002
Just place the folder in which all of the textures are in into your emulator's plugin folder. Make sure you're using Rice Video 6.1.0c also.

chaosjunkie

I came here looking for a tutorial and there isn't one. I just need to know where to place the plug-in so it works. I put it in the plug-in folder for PJ64 and that didn't do anything. Someone please help.

Googol

Give me back my floppy face!
You just select a different plugin in the "Settings" menu of PJ64, or the "change plugins" menu of 1964. Select Rice's beta10 from the menu. Then, activate hires textures before you go into the game via the checkbox in Rice's plugin settings. Wha-la! Almost instant hires textures!

Googol

LOOK AROUND, won't you? The post JUST ABOVE YOU explains quite a bit, not to mention the TWO STICKIES about this sort of thing.

zelda fantic

geez!!

go to ur emu folder go to plugins paste the plugin u dl into that plugin folder thean go extract here now go into the n64 emu go to settings plugin select rices there u go u are now ready to use the plugin start game but i think u have to dl sum dlls and put theam in ur system folder and 1 dll goes into ur n64 emu folder 2 hope that helps:icecream:

Miles Lombardi

How do I make a texture pack? I've tried, but it won't load in my textures. I'm keeping the correct name, and it's in the correct folder, PAPER MARIO. Do I have to put it in a sub-folder or what?

albinolove

I cant get the textures to work. I am using 1964 with rice 6.1.0, Hi res textures enabled, my path to the texture file is: Files\1964\plugin\hires_texture\MARIOKART64
I don't know what I did wrong.

Googol

Well, some versions of Mario Kart 64 have the internal name of "Mario Kart 64". If that's the case, add the spaces. It should work then.
I believe that also means that the rom is bad, though... try scanning your roms with GoodN64.