What's new

perfect ogre battle 64 configuration!

kjbro

I'm pretty new at all this, but I've spent 3 days trying to get ogre battle 64 to work on 1964 and PJ64. I noticed that several people have complained about the Unhandled Opcode error with several games. I may have found the solution, at least for Ogre Battle 64.

To begin with, I was using PJ64 1.4 with the latest Glide64 wrapped in the wrapper it downloaded with (hack's). The main problem here was the unhandled opcode I got at the beginning of the game, just before the naming. I tried a half-dozen other various video plugins, all achieving the same result. So I decided to come here, where I found that 1964 0.8.5 with Rice's Video 6.1.0 supposedly worked best. I also learned that I needed the PJ64 RSP.dll plugin.
To my dismay, I recieved the same unhandled opcode error in 1964 as in PJ64 with this RSP plugin, which is where I made my discovery: the error is in the RSP plugin! I changed to the PJ64 1.5 plugin a little while ago, and the game began running normally (no audio lag or anything).

So to all the other disgruntled players out there getting the unhandled opcode exception, try changing your RSP plugin!

OB64 officially completely works with the following setup (tested on machine listed below)
EMU: 1964 0.8.5
VID: Rice's Video 6.1.0
Sound: schibo's Audio Plugin 1.2
RSP: PJ64 1.5 RSP.dll

AMD Athlon 2600+ XP
Windows XP Professional
Radeon 9200 128Mb AGP 8x
1gb PC3200 DDR RAM

sry if this was all known b4, but I couldn't find it, and I know it pissed me off to not be able to find a clear answer as to what exact configuration to use to get it working. So for all the other noobs like me, there's the configuration to play no lag with backgrounds.

Choke87

hmm... I'm trying out the idea here.. but Rice's video won't show up as a selection... ?? Yes, I'm really new here :O

cyber_gryph

Choke87: you need to copy the BMGLibPNG.dll file to 1964's main directory and the RiceVideo.dll and RiceVideo6.1.0.ini files to 1964's Plugins directory.

kjbro: were you able to get backgrounds working correctly? I made sure to get the same versions of the emulator and plugins that you are using, but I'm still having trouble with the backgrounds. I'm not sure which settings to use in Rice's Video plugin.