What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Mario kart 64 High res topic

Leonardo20

I have made some Mario Kart 64 high res textures, the pack has 841kb and i dont know if i can post that here, If anyone want i send to your e-mail

a screenshot

Exodia11

Forbidden one
i'm just curious but would there be a way to change the textures of a character to a different character(like luigi to waluigi)

Neospy

NSISTING on nVidia
Retexture

Exodia11 said:
i'm just curious but would there be a way to change the textures of a character to a different character(like luigi to waluigi)
Well, yes you could retexture them, but their model would make them look messed up.

>Neospy :ph34r:

cloudscapes

Carbon-based molecule.
The racers are character sprites, that is they're textures themselves, not models. One would have to re-do/upgrade every angle the racers get themselves into independantly. In my honest opinion, it would be easier to remodel them in a 3D program and re-render the sprites.

OP
L

Leonardo20

Hi again... I want remake all the mario kart textures but i have trouble with numbers and letters... can anyone post any kind of tips or tricks to do the letters....end to update the pics in the games laike smashbrothers carachters photo.

Sorry, my english is poor...

ryanraab

Hi Leonardo how is the project going? Its been 13 days. Did you figure out the numbers and letters problem? I hope the project isn't dead. :(

Just wondering!

OP
L

Leonardo20

Hi, i need to learn a some efficient way to do the things... in my way its too difficult to doo numbers and others, and when I do it its not looking good.... so i need help... :bye3:

krhyluv

Banned
Yeah, this is one of my fave games! Who's re-rendering the characters in Maya so we can make static images of a rotating freeze frame for use in game? Thanks in advance!

rhY

Weatherton

MagiKoopa Project

I'm planning to make a 3D model of MagiKoopain order to make images to replace Yoshi in-game and would appreciate any help people can provide. I'm looking for additional renders and/or movies of MagiKoopa, preferably from Mario Kart 64 (or "Mario Kart R" as it was called when he was still in the game)... here is what I have:

MagiKoopa_PlayerSelect.jpg

magikoopa_ingame.jpg

magikoopa.gif

Kamek_magikoopa_TetrisAttack.gif

Nin_10_Dough

I did some searching on google to see if I could find some more beta images to help out. I didn't find anything useful, but I did find an interesting pic:
PIC3.GIF

ferbe

Nin_10_Dough: You must be joking. What it the interesting part of this pic?

Weatherton: The 3d models (rendered to 2D) is a nice idea. I wish I was a skilled 3d modeler to help :(

Nin_10_Dough

Look at the yoshi billboards, they spoof mobile1 (they don't in the final). Considering they may have been struct by lightning, the sprites still look weird. Isn't that magikoopa next to mario?

Mario Kart R pics are hard to come by, and I found one I hadn't seen before. I find this thread interesting for the same reason I find the picture interesting. I'm a fan of mario kart, those subtle changes interest me.

Weatherton, I think your second pic is a fake. Look at the character icons, those are from the final. Magikoopa just looks different there (stars?).

Last edited:

Weatherton

Nin_10_Dough, Those billboards are in the final Japanese game. I recently purchased it (and had previously played the ROM). The Japanese game has different voices and many different signs (that tend to by a bit on the trademark infringment side of things).

In regards to your picture though, I think that's MagiKoopa by the speedometer! I can't believe I didn't see that before. Also, what's the deal with the double timers? I like the pic!

My second picture... I think you're right, it does look fake now that I look at it. However it's not too far from the truth.

PS, I know there was a video of MagiKoopa on one of those promotional N64 videos that Nintendo sent out... hopefully I still have whatever tape it's on at home (I'm at college atm), but if anyone else has it handy and could rip it for me I would greatly appreciate it!

spork9

RU D0WN W1TH 00P?
kool, but is there a way that i can use him such as in a beta rom file? or does it have to be a hires proj.?

Nin_10_Dough

Sorry, but no beta roms exist. I always thought it would be awesome if companies would release them to the web. They wouldn't really gain any money for it, just loads of respect. It would of course have to be done years after the final version was released (now would be a good time for mario kart) Even unreleased games like Kirby AirRide 64, who wouldn't want to give it a try?