What's new

Nemu

Musilecs

Nemu kicks butt. I have tried all the others and am most impressed with Nemu. Ultra worked best with my Voodoo card, but I upgraded to a GeForce and Nemu is flawless in a few games that it wasn't in with the Voodoo. Mario Kart 64 actually runs faster on my computer than on my N64!!! I also like the quality of the graphics, it's nice to see what the designers probably saw in the beta stages of their game's development. It seems like programming an EM would be a HUGE undertaking, so if you guys are reading this and need anything I can provide, just e-mail me, i'd love to help....and keep up the good work!!!

THANK YOU!!!!

Renegade

Wearer of Army Boots
any one would love to help. but you aren't quite expecting that LaC and Lemmy would be moved to pass you the beta, wouldya? ;)

they're nothing more than selfish bastards :D

i'm kidding really, but I think they're too busy to pay attention to feedback regarding their beta, and htey would just be flooded about mails regarding it, no matter what they say.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Well, what I know, they don't need any more beta-testers (lucky them). And actually...I'd say the authors are kindof "self-ish" or something smiliar since they almost share NO INFO at all to us. But they are making a great emulator I guess, so, hey, I guess I shouldn't complain. :blush:

Cyberman

How about.. It will work when it works?
Or.. better yet.. how about, they aren't sure yet? ;)

Emulation is a pain to do, fixing bugs is fun actually (I'm sick sue me). So.. the question is do you listen to people send a myriad of bug reports or whine for a beta. OR do you fix bugs. Personally I would rather fix what's known :) Then worry about the next round of things to do later ;)

Cyb

Remote

Tesla-Guy said:

Why should they? :cool:

/me hides behind my desk and activates the counter mode...

Why should they not?

Of course the decision it up to them to make, and Cyberman's post is a probal explonation for why the are not publishing books in the subject, but most people, generalisation, like to show off thier work, I know I do. If we disregard the fact that they have decided to commit to the project instead of spreading information about it, is there any reason for not giving a hint or two.

Last edited:
OP
Musilecs

Musilecs

No matter

To tell the truth I am not concerned with being a beta tester or what the latest gossip is. I just know that the EM works and I am happy to know that it is still being worked on. The new .ini clears up a few graphics glitches and speeds things up in the roms that I own. One day my N64 will die and by then, I am sure, the emulation scene will have a 100% solution to my problems. I have owned almost every console along my gaming career, starting with an atari 2600 (VCS) up to my current PS2. Sometime next year, when Shenmue II is released on Xbox, I will buy one. If Nintendo releases another Mario, Metroid or Zelda, I will buy a GameCube. I have been a PC gamer since the Vic 20, and now have a 1ghtz Thunderbird w/GeForxce 2 MX card.... and will continue to support the industry until I die. I believe emulation to be the key to being able to preserve today's AND tommorrow's classics, indefinetley. Godspeed.