What's new

How fast will MM run on my computer?

zeldachip

Hey, whatsup, I would like to know how many FPS Majoras mask would run on my computer, heres my specs:

IMB Pentium II processer
400 MHZ
364 MB of RAM :cool:
AGP Voodoo 3 video card

And also what emulator would work best for me? thanks alot:D

Raging Fuel

The jumbles man, the jumbles
I don't think anyone here could actually tell you the answer to that. You will just have to use trial and error yourself.

Remote

With your computer configuration taken into consideraton UltraHLE and SupraHLE are the first emulators that crosses my mind but none of them support, SupraHLE partially supports the japaneese version of, the Legend of Zelda - Majora's Mask.

1964 is currently the fastest emulator, capable of running Majora's Mask, avalible. You will not reviece top notch graphics, eventhough Jabo's plugins are more then capable of delivering, because of your graphics card. If I am not mistaken Majora's Mask is capable of running, with 1964 0.7.3, with the Assume 32 bit option set to enabled, which will increase performance.

But as Raging Fuel said, try all avalible emulators with different plugin combinations, and decide from there.

OP
Z

zeldachip

I used that option and it still is only going about 6 FPS.??? any more sugguestions?

Last edited:

Remote

Disable sound by using the included no sound plugin, and if you are desperate for sound try version 0.13 of Azimer's sound plugins. Replace Jabo's D3D v1.40 video plugin with Jabo's D3D v1.00 and set the resolution to the lowest possible, i.e 320*200. Make sure you disable fog and disable all graphic features that eventually could hurt performance, antialiasing, antriscopic filtering, v-sync. Remove all memory resistent programs, ICQ, WinAmp system tray icons, I have a vague memory of a program that could change the priority of any program, browse Aldo Vargas website and see if you are able to locate it.

And if none of these suggestions inprove performance search the net for a nifty utility called softFSB, it allows you to increase the FSB, increase the FSB in small steps and make sure you know what you are doing, i.e do not set the FSB speed to levels where the other busses do not break even. An incorrect or faulty input will result in a reboot.

Last edited:

Dominator

Cross your fingers and wait for Dave2001's 33dfx glide plugin to support Zelda's Ucode.
This should dramatically increase speed and gfx quality for you.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
quality yes if Dave gets the features in, speed no not really, Jabo's is very efficient, only uses 10-20% CPU time on a min spec PJ PC (note, P2 400 not fast enough).

Dominator

Usually, Glide API based applications run better on 3dfx cards you know. And it applies to both speed and quality.
AFAIK, V2 & V3 hardly provide extreme performances with D3D or OGL apps.
But I can't really give my opinion on Jabo's plugins since they hardly work for me (I am using RCP's plugin).