What's new

Gamecube Emulators

soccerboi00

I think it's kind of odd how the Gamecube Emulation scene is the most active scene of the 3 next gen consoles. Actually the only one pretty much. I mean, there are what, 5 gamecube emulators, and 3 of them are in active development? PS2 has only 2 and both seem to be dead. Xbox also has 2 but those seem to be dead also. I wonder why people like emulating the Gamecube so much?

Super Noodle

Because Gamecube is the best system. Wanna argue? Go for it. Gamecube has the fastest loading times, Better piece of technology (two times smaller then xbox, Produced 1/3 the heat). Gamecube has the BEST games.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
And there are a lot of great coders out there, which are inteerested in emulating a gamecube...
But, btw, senseless thread, I don't wanna hear another "My PS2 is better!", "No my Xbox is much better!" "I like my GC the most!" discussion, because I know where such discussions end... I only have to say: "Y0u SuKK0r!"
Only my 2 cents...

_Chrono_

aka Chrono Archangel
soccerboi00 said:
I think it's kind of odd how the Gamecube Emulation scene is the most active scene of the 3 next gen consoles. Actually the only one pretty much. I mean, there are what, 5 gamecube emulators, and 3 of them are in active development? PS2 has only 2 and both seem to be dead. Xbox also has 2 but those seem to be dead also. I wonder why people like emulating the Gamecube so much?

you serious? PCSX2 is one of the most active project right now (thats a PS2 emu if you didnt know :p)
for GC i can only say that Dolwin and Dolphin are showing signs of life... (gonna go slap Masken on iRC..maybe itll wake him up :p)

and you never know if _SF_ is working on Xeon....

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
I think it's referring to NEWS... I don't remember having heard anything from the ps2 for a while, nor the xbox one.

Azimer

Emulator Developer
I am also a Nintendo "fanboy". Notice my trend? My only dabbling in other systems was a PS2 audio plugin that I dropped soon after someone with more PSX/PS2 knowledge released a working one. I will never cross over again :) *hugs Nintendo*

smcd

In case no one caught on, I was just poking fun. I too like Nintendo, though I tend to only emulate systems that aren't commercially available anymore, so things like the gamecube, ps2, and xbox don't really interest me much. :)

ector

Emulator Developer
XBox: Annoying, either you do a full system emulation which will be hopelessly slow or you do hacks like CXBX and Xeon that won't ever be very compatible.
PS2: Extremely complex to emulate, totally alien architecture.
GC: Rather straightforward architecture, the PowerPC is a little bitch though, along with the strange FIFO gfx command parsing but overall much simpler than any of the other two.
Still, I wish the doubling of CPU power every 18 month that we had in the end of the 90's wouldn't have stopped in 2001 :(