What's new

Gcube discontinued - release of 0.4

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
Bah. :[ Monk did a great job..

R.I.P GCube

... Did he compile .4? I can't seem to find it on the site, besides the source.

OP
JinXD

JinXD

No binary is available to download, there is a guide here on how to compile the source using cygwin.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Sad, but again other GC emulators can use the code and make propably some new compat jumps...

Flash

Technomage
JinXD said:
No binary is available to download, there is a guide here on how to compile the source using cygwin.

I tried to build it from sources but it doesn't work - segfaults after green window, 0.3 works :

Dolphin OS $Revision: 54 $.
Kernel built : Jun 5 2002 02:09:12
Console Type : Development HW1
Memory 24 MB
Arena : 0x801c3260 - 0x817fb660
app booted from bootrom
VI_NTSC
TEXGetPalette /Font/Font.tpl
TEXGetPalette /Bubble/Bubble.tpl
TEXGetPalette /logo/AltLogo.tpl
TEXGetPalette /logo/UBILogo.tpl
Fatal signal: Segmentation Fault (SDL Parachute Deployed)
[root@stardome gcm]#

OP
JinXD

JinXD

Thanks for trying Flash, was gonna try myself but I'm on 56k, too slow to d/l cygwin. monk hasn't been active on the gcube forum over at emuboards since 12th January :(

Last edited:

kzez1986

JinXD said:

It isn't true. Binary for Linux are available. Thie binaries are in the sources directory. But I have the same problem after run this binaries: Fatal signal: Segmentation Fault (SDL Parachute Deployed).

Azimer

Emulator Developer
Perhaps the released source was not bug free or was untested. It happens. Hopefully someone can learn something from this emulator and continue monk's hard work.