What's new

Top Urgent... need u in here guys

carlos83

Hi guys…

I’m really glad to know about you on-line. You may conclude after reading this that I didn’t read the “chankast_manual,” but I really did. What I came up with, though emerging out of personal interest, may extend to profit those who has been let down and gave up playing their best PC game which hasn’t been developed from a dreamcast to PC. Believe me, I saw many being frustrated when a game does untimely crash with no getting back! However, I was one of them, yet most time I managed my way out playing with no picture displayed… believe me. It happened to me when I was playing my favorite Resident Evil thriller series. You can easily guess that I was playing Resident Evil Code: Veronica. Though experiencing shocking crashes in game play, I’m greatly thankful to Chankast’s staff for their invaluable, tremendous effort.

You may have been bored; excuse me if you are being so I’ll go straight ahead to the point. In short, I’m extremely fond of Resident Evil series, and I can’t stand the fact that after finishing playing with the first CD I couldn’t proceed the second!!! It really hurts. After saving, the game demands the second CD. Pressing Alt+Enter and going to the Virtual Daemon Manager>Virtual CD\DVD-Rom>Mount Image>selecting the “2nd cd”.CCD the game displays a message saying that THIS IS NOT Resident Evil Code: Veronica CD2!!! Moreover, to make you more enlightened, I have the CRACK.CCD in the PLAY directory, but still when replacing it with the first CD the same message is on display! Besides, I didn’t use the CRACK.CCD in playing CD1. I’m so much confused having been tried as much methods as my mind could suggest but hopelessly in vain!

Chankast’s staff or fans, I will extremely appreciate the time that you have spent on reading this so far. I have searched for a website that can be helpful using many search engines till I finally reached you… please don’t let me-and others- down. I’m patiently looking forward to your precious enlightenments concerning the main aforementioned issue, and the following troubleshooting dilemmas that may be helpful for your next “FAQ”:

1. Often, the sound is distorted and lost its emulation with the picture.
2. The sound, again, is totally lost even if there were no cut-scenes!
3. Menu Items, e.g. lighters, herbs,…etc, in Resident Evil Code: Veronica, are totally invisible. Yet I finished CD1 successfully…see how much I am fond of this game! (it may be related to BIOS stuff?)
4. Enough complaining, I think!

These are experienced on two quite contradicted PC’s…

The first is PIII 633MHz with 128 Ram, 64Mb Nvidia Gforce2 MX/MX400 as a fully-updated adapter, and WinXP as an operating system! Here, it seems interesting to note that the invisible menu items on PVI PC’s were completely, transparently seen!!! (it may be related to BIOS or the Mother Board, which I know little about!!)

The second is PIV 2000MHz with 128 DDR, and 64Mb Nvidia Gforce2 MX/MX400 as a fully-updated adapter, and WinXP as an operating system! (Invisible menu items).

I hope this may be helpful!

Thank you too much for reading so far…I’m really grateful even if your efforts didn’t reach beyond reading this.

Respectfully yours…
Carlos83

Herecles

If i remember correctly, you should be able to save at the end of disc 1, shut down the emu, load the 2nd disc into daemon restart emu and load up your game file.
I had this same problem on a real dreamcast.

KMFDManic

there was another topic that showed how to synch the sound to the music...i remember it stating to set your refresh rate on computer to 60mhz...etc..not sure where the topic is now..but search for it...as for resident evil..did you try running it with capcom hack on? in all the different versions of chankast? it states invisible icons for the menu...not invisible menu items themselves...and a new chankast should be out in the next few months anyways...so maybe that will be fixed! hope sega extreme sports and 4 wheel thunder are fixed as well...

Acorn

Enable "Use ZWrite" and "Use AlphaTest ZWrite" to make the menu items visible again. Aside from the random lockup points in CD2, you can indeed continue to it by saving when prompted at the end of CD1, then closing out and loading CD2. Also check to make sure the second CD you have isn't corrupt.

The sound issue is known, just close/reload from a save to get it back. The texture problems usually only happens to me after "extended" play (more than an hour).

KoHaN69

Game-a-holic
carlos83 said:
Hi guys…

I’m really gl..........selecting the “2nd cd”.CCD the game displays a message saying that THIS IS NOT Resident Evil Code: Veronica CD2!!! Moreover, to make you more enlightened, I have the CRACK.CCD in the PLAY directory, but still when replacing i...... methods as my mind could suggest but hopelessly in vain!

Chankast’s staff or fans, I will extremely appreciate the time that you have spent on reading this so far. I have searched ....issue, and the following troubleshooting dilemmas that may be helpful for your next “FAQ”:

... operating system! Here, it seems interesting to note that the invisible menu items on PVI PC’s were completely, transparently seen!!! (it may be related to BIOS or the Mother Board, which I know little about!!)
Respectfully yours…
Carlos83

Dude, if you like RE so much, why dont u spare $20 and make an account on www.ebay.com
?

I loved shenmue, and now i got a dreamcast and play it. well, there is an advantage of better picture quality on pc (higher resolution) but if u love it that muhc, then ebaY!

Herecles

Why do people always say "buy a real dreamcast" whenever anybody has a problem? Doesnt that defeat the whole point of this forum? not to mention the emu itself.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
People say "buy the real console" whenever someone wants to play a game "right here, right now" without any problems.

OP
C

carlos83

I am with u dear Herecles...indeed!!! Thank to the others...u were great!! :bouncy:

Last edited:

WhiteX

Resident Evil Code Veronica (U): Works full speed with nearly no graphics errors (only inventory icons), sound seems to die at random times, restart emu to fix, may die at random times (from compatibility list)
Well, so much for the inventory items.
As for the sound, try to lower the Direct X slider to basic on your dxdiag.

Nosferatu

Alexander Ashford
Resident Evil Code Veronica (U): Works full speed with nearly no graphics errors (only inventory icons), sound seems to die at random times, restart emu to fix, may die at random times
It's strange, because I also play RE:CV and I've noticed a few more problems (apart from those which are quoted above). They all reffer to "Chankast" ver. 0.25, and here are the questions about them:
1. Is there supposed to be a fog in every single location in the game? I don't have it.
2. Do you also have a black colour of sky during the encounter with Nosferatu?
3. Do you also have a lot of speed-ups or slow-downs while playing? The game is often running two times faster! I can't increase/decrease the amount of FPS by tapping '-/+' (I play on laptop).

My specs:
Athlon 1,7 Ghz
GForce 4 (64 Mb)
512 Mb RAM

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

WhiteX

Nosferatu said:
3. Do you also have a lot of speed-ups or slow-downs while playing? The game is often running two times faster! I can't increase/decrease the amount of FPS by tapping '-/+' (I play on laptop).

The + or - are not for fps change, they are for processor priority, sometimes decreasing speeds emulation sometimes its the opposite way.
On a lot of games these speed issues appear, i believe that it is because the emulator is on its alpha stages so it is somewhat too demanding to ask for perfect emulation just yet.

OP
C

carlos83

hey guys i tried to close down the emu and reload the 2cd the emu started as usual, yet a black screen hinders me from seeing (if there was any) the saves helpppppp

Nosferatu

Alexander Ashford
carlos83 said:
hey guys i tried to close down the emu and reload the 2cd the emu started as usual, yet a black screen hinders me from seeing (if there was any) the saves helpppppp
Hmm.. When does this black screen appear?

After beating a Tyrant in the plane (CD#1), and getting back into cockpit there should be a few cut scenes. Once they are finished a black screen appears, and it is enough just to hit any key (so you will be able to save your game). Then close down the emu, insert CD#2, and start "Chankast" again. Load your latest save, and that will do. If not, so your ISO file may be corrupt. :plain:

OP
C

carlos83

i'm afraid that i followed the procedure u adviced...a black screen prevents me from seeing the saves

Nosferatu

Alexander Ashford
I don't get it. You are able to load your game while the CD#1 is inside the drive, but you cannot do it with the CD#2, because the emu causes some problems then? It's very strange.. The black screen appears when you are trying to load your game, right? I mean, on the Memory Card screen? Have you tried to push any button a few times and wait for any response?

Last edited:
OP
C

carlos83

yea....i tried a lot...i pressed every button in vain...thank u for being interested...anyway

Darkdeath

Well i have finished disk 1 and I am having the same problem as carlos 83 when i try to load the save from disk 2

the game displays a message saying that THIS IS NOT Resident Evil Code: Veronica CD2!!! and if i restart the emulator , i get audio cd screen

and btw what is the use of this file "crack.ccd" ?

Last edited: