What's new

Dynarec

jih2000

Is the JIT compiller a dynarec implementation and if not, is one planned in the future?

Really nice looking emu, although i can only seem to get 3fps on an xp2500+geforce6800+512megs in pong using dolwin 0.1+default settings (and others variations too) for some reason and i see others with 11fps in mariokart :p !

Cheers,

Marty

Federelli

Beta Tester
Afaik, only the interpreter is working in the current release, i guess the "jit comp" isn't complete.

In fact i have no idea what a jit compiler is :p, so a differenciation between it and dynarec would be really nice.

Knuckles

You actually see the difference, dolwin's interpreter speed (when setup correctly ) is close to Dolphin's buggy dynarec, prolly Dolwin's dynarec will be better then the dolphin one? :p

OP
J

jih2000

I think JIT, well in the case of java is Just In Time complilation. Java is an interpretive language, well from when i studied it (4years ago) and i dont think its changed, so thats what was a bit confusing :)

Azimer

Emulator Developer
JITC/Dynarec are synonymous. Dynamically Recompiling code is identical to Compiling Just In Time of execution. I see no difference except JITC is a better term imo.