What's new

has anyone gotten satourne 1.1p to work and how?

rcgamer

the old guy
i cant get this emu to do anything but show the bios. if i try to run any game (and i checked the compatabioity list at the official forums) all i get is opcode errors or it just gos to bios (even after changing to all differant regions). one faq says to name the bios saturn_bios.bin and another says to leave it as sega_100.bin. like i said i went to the official forums (they are in itilian so i had to use a translator programs) they have a boatload of games up in their compatability list. i would like to see this for myself.

bottom line if you have it working could you please post up exactly how you did it. please please please.

we should have guides here on this forum for this stuff.

ps i got the old debugger one running in 2fast4u's speed guide.

Last edited:

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Mmh... it always worked for me... you don't need to rename you bios, only give the path into the menu.I have all 3 SS bios and all run without any probs or renames... I renamed them myself to the internal name and their region (like SegaSaturn Bios 1.01 (J) etc)... I'm using still my old CDBlock Ios plugin, because it is the most compatible in my opinion and most of my Gamas are ripped, only some Originals CDs are left... Do you have the latest Aspi drivers? You will need them.
The compatiblity is great, but its slow... hope it helps... I heard a lot problems with this emu, don't know why! Obscure...

OP
rcgamer

rcgamer

the old guy
i also got 1.02p to run just fine.

i get no aspi errors
if i use any other than winaspi32.dll it freezes up and is nonresponsive(i have to shut it down with taskmanager)
how are you using the old cdblock iso plugin? when i try to use it it gives an error "failed to get cdblock runcycles address.

Last edited:
OP
rcgamer

rcgamer

the old guy
ok, well i got your version that i saw you had posted elsewhere and moved your iso plugin to my satourne directory and it works. thanks. i dont know what the problem is with the other plugins. every other saturn emu works with my aspi. satourne just freezes when it starts to read the cd's.