What's new

please give me a step by step for ssf

rcgamer

the old guy
hey guys need some help with this emu. i cant make heads or tails of it. I have ssf prototype 07 r12, i have renamed the bios to bootROM.bin. but when i try to start it i get an error about sse2. whats is that. if someone could post a guide for this i would really appreciate it. thanks.

_Chrono_

aka Chrono Archangel
rcgamer said:
hey guys need some help with this emu. i cant make heads or tails of it. I have ssf prototype 07 r12, i have renamed the bios to bootROM.bin. but when i try to start it i get an error about sse2. whats is that. if someone could post a guide for this i would really appreciate it. thanks.

if your processor is fairly old, then there is a chance it does not support SSE2 instructions. i think CPU-Z can tell you if you infact have support for SSE2

Clements

Only the Pentium 4 and Athlon64 CPUs support SSE2. Obviously the emu uses SSE2 for a speed boost.

OP
rcgamer

rcgamer

the old guy
never even thought about that . thanks thats it. kind of ridiculous for an author to write an emu for such a small amount of pcs. or im just jealous. lol

Trotterwatch

never even thought about that . thanks thats it. kind of ridiculous for an author to write an emu for such a small amount of pcs. or im just jealous. lol

All P4s have it, as well as newer Athlons I believe. Not that ridiculous really, Saturn emulation needs as much help as it can I guess, and well SSE2 must offer something worth using in this instance ;)

OP
rcgamer

rcgamer

the old guy
wow, somehow i bumbled around with an older veriosn ssf 6 alpha 4 and i actually got it to do something. Yaaaaay me!lol :party: