What's new

Having problems setting individual game plugins in 0.9.9

Chandro

Hi guys, I've been using this great emulator for a while now and so I was quick to install it on my new computer.

But I have encountered a problem.

Everytime I go to change the plugin settings for a particular rom, it changes all the other roms to the same setting. So for instance if I set say Conker to use Jabo's Direct3D6 1.5.1 and then ok'd and went to Zelda and changed the setting (from Jabo's) to Rice's Daedalus 5.20 (and ok'd) then went back to Conker again, the plugin is set to Rice.

So whatever I change my plugins to becomes the default for all my roms. Now this doesn't happen on my old computer.

I've tried reinstalling 1964 and the plugins to no avail.

Can anyone offer any assistance?

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
You are setting the default plugins not the individual game plugins... see screenshot for why you're getting this problem.

You must change this radio button to "Display Rom Plugin setting"

Last edited:
OP
C

Chandro

Thank you ScottJC.

You wouldn't believe how long I've been bamboozled by this and it turns out to be something so obvious. Isn't it always the way.

Sometimes the brain, it just doesn't work.

Much obliged.

OP
C

Chandro

Sorry, just another quick related point.

I know this isn't the correct forum for this question however it does rather link in with this thread so I'll post it here (if I'm wrong let me know).

Is it possible to set plugins for individual games in Project64 1.5.1 like you can in 1964? I mean without having to change the default plugin every time? You seem only to be able rom settings and notes and not a rom's plugins.

Clements

There is no way to do it without a frontend in PJ64, although I don't know if one exists with this function.

OP
C

Chandro

Thanks Clements.

I wasn't quite sure and after aptly demonstrating my ignorance in the previous question I thought it best to seek advice.