What's new

didn't we agree not to post about Blade64?

Smiff

Emutalk Member
id like to see this taken down before other sites notice and post on it (not telling you how to run your site, i would just like to see that).

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
There is no official documentation to changes or anything like that so I don't have much to say other then I hope it's making a move in the right direction

(flow)

I would not post on anything that doesnt have a genuine looking change log. if the author cant be bothered to provide one, why should anyone bother to talk about it.

Remote

What's Blade?

It is perhaps one of the worst movies ever made, Wesley Snipes in the lead, also known from The Fan and Sugar Hill, he is half vampire, half human. It is Wesley against the other vampires, they want his blood since it is the key they need to unleash never before seen evil, the ritual they are using is described in the ancient vampite scrolls, which I guess is their counterpart to our Bilble.

And regarding Blade64, never heard of it. It could be the Nintendo 64 incarnation of Blade, seems unlikely although a possibility or a kitchen perpherial.

Last edited:

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Well, actually, combining code from different sources is ain`t that easy, you gotta give some respect for that... Perhaps Spook is after an UNIemu... Lol, I wonder if the next version will contain PJ code as well.

Remote

Oleg Zaks said:
Well, actually, combining code from different sources is ain`t that easy, you gotta give some respect for that... Perhaps Spook is after an UNIemu... Lol, I wonder if the next version will contain PJ code as well.

It is important that you seperate the concept of learning and copying. As far as I realise most, perhaps all, are derivated from Project Unreality, which later on became True Reality, please do correct me if I am wrong, but they only used it as a reference and solved the problems in a different way. If I am not mistaken Blade64 contains several 1964 specific errors, I am unable to give you any examples, but this is due to Spook's unableness of changing anything in it, i.e it is a face job, a new gui.

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
I have a very simple test that can be applied in these cases:

Is the work primarily:

a) furthering emulation
b) furthering the "author's"* ego?

*i use "author" in the loosest possible sense.

Now most projects clearly come under the first category, the authors are just trying to do their best and aren't interested in themselves, Blade clearly comes under the second because AFAIK his only work in emulation is an input plugin but presumably his ego is too large to take a simple plugin release, but SupraHLE for example is in a very grey area in between, so it's not always clear.