Zero271

Inuyasha
Acer Aspire T320-U-C3511
2.80ghz
Intel Celeron D335 Processor
Intel Extreme Graphics 2 controller 82865G
248mb ram
Windows Xp Home Edition

problem with the door on mario 64 any way to fix it?

it only happens when i turn right or left

Last edited:

MorpheusEternal

For one thing, disable the onboard video and go get yourself almost ANY video card (anything is better than onboard, almost). try Ati9600xt or nvidia 5750/5950/5900 (NOT xt tho).

You won't regret it, and 90% of graphic errors will go away.

Clements

I could reproduce it, so this is probably not a bug and the behavior probably present on the real hardware. Can't be bothered to check though.

OP
Zero271

Zero271

Inuyasha
Another Question

Is This a good Graphics Card XFX GEFORCE FX5200 128MB 3D GRAPHICS CARD

Last edited:

rcgamer

the old guy
its not the greatest but its more than adequate. much , much better than integrated graphics in any case.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
MorpheusEternal said:
For one thing, disable the onboard video and go get yourself almost ANY video card (anything is better than onboard, almost). try Ati9600xt or nvidia 5750/5950/5900 (NOT xt tho).

You won't regret it, and 90% of graphic errors will go away.

Uh, cards of that caliber are no where near required for N64 emulation. Like rcgamer said, an FX 5200 is much more than sufficient.

rcgamer

the old guy
well if your going to spend that amount of money why not go ahead and get a 6600gt? but yes thats good to.

MorpheusEternal

cooliscool said:
Uh, cards of that caliber are no where near required for N64 emulation. Like rcgamer said, an FX 5200 is much more than sufficient.

Oh I know. I said the cards I did for two reasons:

1) as the others said, he may want to play other games - even farcry need a good card.

2) after being conned with the Geforce 440 MX (which is really a GF2 with hypermemory, + minor tweaks) I will NOT ever reccomend another con card (Fx 5200) to anyone (Fx5200 is Dx9 capable in name only - any Dx9 benchmark or game is so slow (under 10 fps) as to be worthless. Also some games (HL2 for eg) refuse to acknowledge the fx5200's Dx9 'capability and will run in the Dx8 pathways.) Hence I reccomended Ati 9600 and up, and the Fx 5700 and up (includine the new gen cards - but be carefull again, some of those are 'con' cards - 64 oe 128 bit memory pathways when they should be 256 to supply those render pipelines!)

Another word - in Ati terms, an 'xt' version is better then an plain version (eg 9600 or 9600xt). In Nvidia terms, an xt (or le) version is slower.