PDA

View Full Version : G5 Building (Multi Version) - Discussions here

Knuckles
November 27th, 2004, 03:20
w00t, double post again.

1st : I still have problems fixing those damn facility/felicity and I wanted to work on a map
2nd: since I couldn't do anything over the facility/felicity, I started one of my favorite map, 1 easy to do that I like a lot , the combat Simulator G5 Building. I already had done this one over the original UT (without proper textures tho) so it won't be a problem :)

Here are some shots:

Modem
November 27th, 2004, 18:25
Do you ever get a chance to finish products before starting on others? Hehe. :D
- Modem

Knuckles
November 27th, 2004, 20:39
You know , that's a good question!

but since the G5 Building is one of my favorite maps, easy one to do , it will prolly be done fast, as I speak right now, I'm working on it and It's goind fast :) expect smth today!

Knuckles
November 27th, 2004, 21:52
Quick update - still mapping :P

Knuckles
November 28th, 2004, 05:23
w00t, triple post with double update the same day :D

:P

sethdonut
November 28th, 2004, 06:28
Have my children.

Just kidding, I'm glad to see you back to PD stuff. G5 Building was definitely an awesome level and I'm glad you're working on that now. If I may ask, what became of the dataDyne building map?

Knuckles
November 28th, 2004, 16:02
the dD tower needs a LOT of optimisation right now , the current one takes forever to build the lighting. + the scale is really wrong so I will need to work a lot on it before I can continue it. So I go back to the G5 building and try to finish it quickly :P

Knuckles
November 28th, 2004, 20:18
Update : almost done with the whole first side , only a little bit to do at the lower floor, added lighting, added blocked volumes to all the sheets, added and tested the "xFallingVolume" at the bottom when you fall (be sure to be killed :P). I noticed while testing the volumes that the map is too small, the proportions are perfect but wrong scale, means that the whole map is kinda 1:1.5 the normal size, I will just have to scale it when I'll be fully done then add the paths/guns/other stuff after.

Now here comes the shots:

Knuckles
December 2nd, 2004, 21:13
What did I say in my last post? :P

sethdonut
December 2nd, 2004, 21:52
Dangerously true to the original design ;D

knowitman
December 3rd, 2004, 02:36
Very good on the G5 building considering you are doing it by hand.

Knuckles
December 9th, 2004, 18:05
found some time to map between exams :P

sethdonut
December 10th, 2004, 01:11
When do you think you'll have that sucker out by :P

Knuckles
December 10th, 2004, 02:14
don't worry, it will be out, I have some exams left (3 in fact), after the 15th, I'm done with college until mid-January . Also, I can't wait myself to play in it so :P I can't really play it right now due to the bad scale so I need to finish the whole thing before I can scale it and play in it.

zAlbee
December 10th, 2004, 06:43
I can't really play it right now due to the bad scale so I need to finish the whole thing before I can scale it and play in it.

its true, i hate it when that happens. the last time i made a half-life map to model a building, it was scaled too small. you can't start over because you've done so much, yet you can't rescale until the whole thing's finished, otherwise it messes up with your integer snapped grid.

looks like that won't be a problem for you though; you'll get it finished in no time. :)

GrumblyStuff
December 10th, 2004, 17:14
Looking mighty fine Knuckles. :happy:

Not to hijack your thread but, what's the word on the Golden Eye mod? The forums have been down and the website not updated.

Viper_Viper
December 16th, 2004, 01:33
DUDE! im gettin UT2004 FINALLY! got my DVD burner so i can buy the DVD version of the game! Cant wait to try this awsome **** out!

Knuckles
December 16th, 2004, 03:54
yikes, good for you ;)

btw, MY EXAMS ARE DONE AND I WORK WHEN I WANT :D

*ahem*... sry , I will soon complete the G5 building. Just to show u, here what's remaining to do on it:

Knuckles
December 21st, 2004, 05:03
Damnit, I was about to release the map RIGHT AWAY but the emu64 seems down, can't get on the site (nor mine) and can't access the ftp either . Also , I can't attach that 6.7MB file thru emutalk and I'm too lazy to split it.... It will be delayed until the server is back on.

Sorry, I really wanted to release it right now (it's really done, even did a little read me), gotta wait :(

G_Yoshi
December 21st, 2004, 14:18
Damnit, I was about to release the map RIGHT AWAY but the emu64 seems down, can't get on the site (nor mine) and can't access the ftp either . Also , I can't attach that 6.7MB file thru emutalk and I'm too lazy to split it.... It will be delayed until the server is back on.

Sorry, I really wanted to release it right now (it's really done, even did a little read me), gotta wait :(
You could always do a torrent :) Would take a little bit of time to build up seeds since you're the only one that has the map right now.

Knuckles
December 21st, 2004, 23:30
removed... smth's wrong there.....

Dysprosium
December 22nd, 2004, 02:02
Meh, here's some screenshots of the map.

Edit: Ok, so I posted the wrong images. Knuckles copied the MSN conversation over, meh.. it's good to be able to laugh at yourself... [I liked playing Complex better anyway. XD]

Knuckles
December 22nd, 2004, 03:52
Well, I got off my lazy ass and splitted the files in parts and attached them to my post.

PERFECT DARK - G5 BUILDING (COMBAT SIM VERSION) FOR UT2K4!

Files Size : 1.39MB each
Total Size : 6.55MB
Type : WinRAR (www.rarlabs.com) Splitted Compressed archives

NOTE: Map works with bots so you can play in single if you want.

Have fun and please, READ THE READ ME! :P

little quote from MSN :

Chris (Vile) - { Out for Xmas! } says:
Meh
I posted up some screenies
Knuckles says:
question
?
Knuckles says:
why screens from the Complex
Knuckles says:
when I release the G5 building? :\
... wtf
I loaded the WRONG MAP.
><
Knuckles says:
lmao
I'm a ****ing douche.

Knuckles
December 29th, 2004, 09:51
Post here any opinions, bugs or questions you may have about this map :)