What's new

City Related - Discussions here

Knuckles

ok, now, this is going to far from PD mapping :p. A guy from our GE mod sent me a small map he did on ut2004 with a corkscrew (for vehicles) , I tested it and told him that with more stuff/textured and so it would be WAY better, I started, and didn't stop to get imagination :) look the result for right now:

Viper_Viper

OMG, HOW ARE YOU DOING THIS?!?!

I have been trying like nuts to even come close to what you are doing in these games, and failing quite horibly. I think i figured out what im doing wrong. Ill check back later!

Ps great work

OP
Knuckles

Knuckles

well, I'm out of PD again! (damnit :p)

Here's an Idea I got today, a GTA Based City on UT2k4! I'm using most of the GTA3/GTA:VC textures, to bring the "feeling" of GTA in.

The Pay 'n Spray is one of the thing that I really took from the original game (that's the one in GTA:VC :p)

there's some shots:
city_2.JPG

distraction, distraction.... ;)

Last edited:

Modem

ph33r teh hammy!
That'd be sweet. Since the map in VC is so big, perhaps, if you're going to be playing with it, you could just devide it (the city) into sections for different maps? Don't know anything about mapping, just seeing what's up, and anctiously awaiting the mario 64 map. :D
- Modem

PadTheMad

Madder Than Padder
Just read the GTA3 > UT2K4 map died an I hope this doesn't happen to yours Knux, not that it should as you're building a brand new map from scratch and not converting an entire city. Besides this one should play better as it was designed for the game it's gonig to be played on :p

You know what'd be a good idea though, if we could have a progress report on all your maps (mentioned on this forum) and project (PD not Project Goldeneye) or would that be too much to ask?

OP
Knuckles

Knuckles

I'll try to use the whole available area I can ;)

Of course there will be "beta" releases of parts of the city, so no one will be waiting forever for the map to be done so they can play ;)

I'm going to add more now!

SuperChicken

Hey knuckles I send you an email but I just decided to post on the forum instead. Could I use your textures or could you make me a set to use for the complex map I am making for counter-strike??

I tried playing the complex map on unreal 2k3 but it didn't work for some reason. Anyway... I'll post some pics once i get further done in the map (only have pillar room and a few others next to it.

posty_2k3

T3h pwn3r3r
SuperChicken said:
Hey knuckles I send you an email but I just decided to post on the forum instead. Could I use your textures or could you make me a set to use for the complex map I am making for counter-strike??

I tried playing the complex map on unreal 2k3 but it didn't work for some reason. Anyway... I'll post some pics once i get further done in the map (only have pillar room and a few others next to it.

The complex in CS would rule. Then when CS: Source is out, you can convert it to that ;) Come on Knux, help out this dude! :p

OP
Knuckles

Knuckles

the Complex only works with UT2k4 , and I won't share textures, if you want them, there are video plugins for that .

Here's more news on the "city":
-added more roads (again)
-added a parking lot need the U building
added some GTA3 ads :p

OP
Knuckles

Knuckles

mhhhh, no reply this time, anyway, I did more today too.

here are some shots:

Last edited:
OP
Knuckles

Knuckles

This is a bit related to the mod, Using some gameshark codes on PJ64 and Perfect dark, I found a beta version of the Deep Sea music (sounds really great!) It starts the same way but at 27 seconds, you can notice a little change then after it goes on differently. I recorded it from the emu, so there is some little bug at 2 places (not bad ones ;) ). I will give you a link to download it so for you old Perfect Dark players, it will be like a new original PD music fresh from the game but never heard :) (5MB+ MP3)

I will prolly put it in a map of course ;)

CLICK HERE!

G_Yoshi

Knuckles said:
This is a bit related to the mod, Using some gameshark codes on PJ64 and Perfect dark, I found a beta version of the Deep Sea music (sounds really great!) It starts the same way but at 27 seconds, you can notice a little change then after it goes on differently. I recorded it from the emu, so there is some little bug at 2 places (not bad ones ;) ). I will give you a link to download it so for you old Perfect Dark players, it will be like a new original PD music fresh from the game but never heard :) (5MB+ MP3)

I will prolly put it in a map of course ;)

CLICK HERE!
Could you, by any chance, provide that gameshark code? I can probably re-record it using the real hardware and I'm just looking for loop information so I know where the song loops, unless at the end of the MP3 is where it cuts off/ends?