What's new

Skedar Temple - Discussions here

Knuckles

I started a new project for my PD maps, (why can't I finish one before starting another ???) , I had the crazy idea to take the the Skedar Ruins and put everything back together, to make it like it was BEFORE to be ruins. I already started and I can say, it's not that easy, so far, it looks great and... weird at the same time ;) Here are 2 shots:

Last edited:

G_Yoshi

Knuckles said:
omg double post!

I started a new project for my PD maps, (why can't I finish one before starting another ???) , I had the crazy idea to take the the Skedar Ruins and put everything back together, to make it like it was BEFORE to be ruins. I already started and I can say, it's not that easy, so far, it looks great and... weird at the same time ;) Here are 2 shots:
<3

There's not much more that I can really say.

sethdonut

Super Cipap Newbie
On one hand, we have all these lovely new maps being crafted by the talented Knuckles... but on another, we really only have 3 completed maps :D

Whatever, it's still awesome.

posty_2k3

T3h pwn3r3r
Yea, I can't wait to play the city some more. Last time I played it was before he added the construction site.

zuran

Well this is getting slow Goldeneye and PD projects seem to have no further update. I think it is better not to wait after them and probably will never be done before 2 or 3 years with the things going that speed now and UT2k5 will probably be released too. Youre doing great job knux but whats the point of saying to do a pd mod if you are constantly working on something else?

OP
Knuckles

Knuckles

if you say it's going slow it's because you can't simply wait. I'm alone on the PD side, and I do have a life, making those maps are a pass-time and I don't map 24/24, the previous shots were a 2-3 hours work, I would map everyday but school/work and thing that are taking a more important place then mapping.

and about the GE mod, it's slow right now for the same thing, there is always more work done when everyone is in vacantion (summer, christmas, etc.).

zuran

Ah! Real Life! I will not even fully understand it before a while I think because I dont have a full time job, kids and a wife like some others does, but oh well I think I'll put UT2K4 on my shelve until goldeneye or pd project goes live because I have so much better games yet and have some stuff to do too.

Dentifriskas

Knuckles said:
if you say it's going slow it's because you can't simply wait. I'm alone on the PD side, and I do have a life, making those maps are a pass-time and I don't map 24/24, the previous shots were a 2-3 hours work, I would map everyday but school/work and thing that are taking a more important place then mapping..

Just keep your faith and intact. I know it may sound kind of cheesy and superficial, but your motivation and working rythm are exactly what I wish I would be able to catalyse if only I was not so frustrated and depressed at this moment in time.