What's new

I am going crazy waiting for the next release...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AP Raul

neo.Cultural.Revolution.c
First of all, much love and respect to the entire Chankast team for their hard work and dedication. With that said, the wait is driving me nuts. I was reading the spanish forums, and on those forums they said that the new realease would be out by Dec. 24th, but now its the 27th and it hasn't been released yet. I am on these forums like 24/7 waiting for the new release (thats right; I have no life). This is certainly not a complaint, there is no room for complaining since I am greatful for this free, next generation emulator. I was just wondering if anyone was as anxious as I am for the next release. Is there?

knowitman

We may be anxious, but you odn't have to tell everyone. If I was the author and saw ppl just BEGGING for the release or soemthing I may either get mad and not release it or just release something that is still very buggy. Learn to be patient, it is a virtue. They will release it when they can. They have their own lives and there could be circumstances beyond anyone's control holding a release back.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Unless it was said here or on the official chankast website by the Authors themselves anyone saying it is talking crap. in the mean time why not buy a real dreamcast...

OP
AP Raul

AP Raul

ScottJC said:
Unless it was said here or on the official chankast website by the Authors themselves anyone saying it is talking crap. in the mean time why not buy a real dreamcast...
Yeah, good idea. I wanted to buy a new Dreamcast when my first one broke, but there was a little problem... they are out of production (that was a sracastic statement, by the way). All I have is stacks of games. Anyways, I hope all of you are having a good time this winter. And have a good new year.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Try looking on ebay... btw, your piles of games are useless on the emulator anyway because your cd/dvd drive can't read the GDRoms...

OP
AP Raul

AP Raul

ScottJC said:
Try looking on ebay... btw, your piles of games are useless on the emulator anyway because your cd/dvd drive can't read the GDRoms...
Okay, I guess this has become the ScottJC and AP Raul topic. Ebay... no thanks. I dont want to buy a used Dreamcast that might only have a short operating life left. GD-Roms... haven't you ever heard of Disc Juggler? The GD-Rom image creator? I guess not. I have even used Nero in some ocassions to create images. I have a GFX 5700 card, a gig of dual channel memory, and an 800FSB Intel 4, but I still have some problems with some of my games, especially MvC2. That is why I am anticipating the next release. Peace, everyone.

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
Just so you know, unless you have a Dreamcast with a coders cable to hook it to your PC or a broadband adapter, you'll NEVER be able to rip original games to ISO's on your hard drive. And Disc Juggler doesn't have a GD-ROM image creator, dumbass. It uses .cdi format. So, unless you already have backup copies of your games on CD-R, or image files (which if you do, you probably downloaded em somewhere), you're shit outta luck. I defy anyone to rip an original retail game on a standard PC CD/DVD drive, including you. And I don't care what software you try to use, since it's a hardware issue that prevents CD/DVD drive from reading those discs.

Stezo2k

S-2K
We are all anxious to see the new release, I myself was hoping for a christmas release myself, but i'm not dissapointed though, I can wait :) especially to see how the xbox port turns out

JinXD

ScottJC said:
Unless it was said here or on the official chankast website by the Authors themselves anyone saying it is talking crap.
There are two official forums for Chankast, one in English (right here!) and one in Spanish (away over here). Since I don't speak Spanish, perhaps AP Raul would be kind enough to give us a link to the post, then let bebelfish do it's thing ;)

EDIT: This is all I could get >> http://world.altavista.com/babelfish/trurl_pagecontent?lp=es_en&trurl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.emulatronia.com%2fcgi-bin%2fikonboard%2fikonboard.cgi%3fs%3d41d3f4372b5cffff%3bact%3dST%3bf%3d11%3bt%3d3104%3bst%3d0

Last edited:
OP
AP Raul

AP Raul

Wow, generalplot, I didn't know you were going to get so butthurt. I apologize for making you so angry. I didn't know I touched a sensative issue. Why bother with all the technical issues when you can create perfect, selfbooting .CDIs using DiscJuggler? JinxD, yeah, that is the thread I was talking about. The guy who posted that said that DarkCloud999 was testing the new beta version and that it would be out between then and Dec. 24th.

Burnpro

Supar ***
darkcloud999 its just a lame person who is modifying chankast .25 to "gain" more fps in games (he isnt part of the official chankast team) ... the true is that he is doing nothing, you gain nothing off his "releases", its just imagination.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
AP Raul said:
Wow, generalplot, I didn't know you were going to get so butthurt. I apologize for making you so angry. I didn't know I touched a sensative issue. Why bother with all the technical issues when you can create perfect, selfbooting .CDIs using DiscJuggler? JinxD, yeah, that is the thread I was talking about. The guy who posted that said that DarkCloud999 was testing the new beta version and that it would be out between then and Dec. 24th.
The point is that you can't create copies with DiscJuggler unless you backup an already selfbootable CD-R(W). The only way to rip GD-ROMs is by using a DC+BBA, a development kit or a drive with hacked firmware.
Regarding the release... have patience, it'll be released (someday :p). I'm a litle anxious about the release (and the changes) myself...

EDIT: About the darkcloud guy... Burnpro is right.

Last edited:

Johann

Chankast rocks ^^
The spanish forum over at Emulatronia... I don't know why they want it. I mean, the chankast team has hardly posted anything there, and there is very little activity (the only active topics are discusions between angry people and that liar, Darkcloud).

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
AP Raul said:

It's not a matter of getting butthurt, dipshit. I'm simply pointing out the fact that what you claim you are able to do is the equivalent of turning semen into wine, which in your case, you'd probably drink it and believe it. Just don't mislead people with your impossible nonsense.

Bopig!

The Great BO
knowitman said:
We may be anxious, but you odn't have to tell everyone. If I was the author and saw ppl just BEGGING for the release or soemthing I may either get mad and not release it or just release something that is still very buggy. Learn to be patient, it is a virtue. They will release it when they can. They have their own lives and there could be circumstances beyond anyone's control holding a release back.

I don't agree. I'm sure there as into there project as we are into our emulators. Your implying that they don't enjoy what they do. :term:

I have a gift for you:

Trotterwatch

Bopig! said:
I don't agree. I'm sure there as into there project as we are into our emulators. Your implying that they don't enjoy what they do. :term:

I have a gift for you:
Bopig!, stop being such a jackass..... closing this thread now thanks to above user.

Oh and he wasn't implying that (quite obvious to anyone with a brain to see).

Status
Not open for further replies.