What's new

Significant Problems on PKMN Snap

Shadow Blood

I have Project 64 and Pokemon Snap, and I can get into the game and start playing, but the controls dont seem to be working for me. When I press the C buttons that I set (which are the buttons for camera movement), the camera remains stationary. If anyone else has the same rom for P64, and has got it going, then please help me!

knowitman

The first level is unplayable. If you use GS cheats to get passed the first level you can move the camera on the other levels. I don't know if this has been fixed, but you also can't review your pictures so its pretty much pointless.

Trotterwatch

If you search the forum there is actually a cheat to enable the camera to work properly on the first level :)

Try Pokemon Snap as the search term.

OP
S

Shadow Blood

Yea, it is pointless if I can't review my pix. Is that problem the same with all emulators, or should I just download another emulator and try it on that?

tomman

What is the problem with this game?

And... i have the (S)panish version, will that codes work with it?

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
tomman said:
What is the problem with this game?

And... i have the (S)panish version, will that codes work with it?

You can't review the pictures you take which means you can't progress in the game without the help of cheats.

winfy

2bzy4ne1 said:
You can't review the pictures you take which means you can't progress in the game without the help of cheats.

Some Videoplugins like Glide64 0.5/07ME (3dfx)+framebuffer (Enable "Smart Reading" and "Read every Frame") or RiceVIdeo 5.4.3+basic framebuffer (nVidia) works better.

I made a Cheat witch can help to activate the pictures, but because it's a videoplugin framebuffer problem I can't do much.

POKEMON SNAP (U)

[Make Picture selectable]

D11E3184 2881
811E3184 2001
D11E3186 0098
811E3186 0001

[Note]
This fixes the issue where you can not select the pictures at the end of a level. Sometimes it helps the Videoplugin to see some Pokemon on the pictures. Enable this cheat during the level and Enjoy!

BTW:
POKEMON SNAP (U)

[Pass 1st Level and Controller Fix]
D1382D1C 802C
80382D0F 0000

[Note]
This fixes the issue where you can not pass the 1st level and No Controller Movement Enjoy!

In the Attachment you can find some Glide64 (3dfx) 1st Level screenshoots and my best nVidia configuration with the RiceVideo 5.4.3 Videoplugin.

cu winfy

Last edited:

Superscientist2

What Glide settings did you use so that you could select the pictures?
I'm using the select cheat but it isn't picking them up as pokemon pictures.

Clements

Use the "smart read" option when taking shots, and "read every frame" option when selecting shots for Professor Oak (according to the compatibility list).

Superscientist2

Well Glide still won't accept that pokemon exist in my pictures however much I try. But I've kind of sorted it, I now use RiceVideo 5.4.3 to recognize the pokemon then I save, switch to glide and restore. It then accepts my pictures and lets me see what I'm looking at.
It's not perfect and it's time consuming, but it works and that's what counts.

Shadow478

use PJ64 1.6
The game good till you get to your pic's ..
But there is a way around it..
when you get to that point go to the video plug-in(basic.. with PJ64)
and turn on the framebuffer in adv.
I play it it fine... But don't have the time to get to the end of the game ....
Please let me know if anyone here can ... Thx :bouncy:

Last edited:

RattleMan

Avid Gamer
Well, for some reason, now I can take pictures of Pokemon and it'll work. But, getting the pictures of the Pokemon Signs won't...

Superscientist2

Hey just a quick update to my last post, It turns out that Jabo's Direct3D8 works better than RiceVideo 5.4.3 and it lets you get them scored.