What's new

I have a crappy Intel graphics card...

Pericles

...and require some help on what I can do to get peak performance out of pj64. Unfortunately, my graphics card is integrated into the motherboard and cannot be removed and upgraded/replaced. Otherwise, here are my system specs as well as my pj64 specs:

Dell Inspiron 1100 laptop
Intel Pentium 4 2.4Ghz 510MB Ram
Intel Extreme Graphics Controler 82845GM
Windows XP SP2
Between 22 and 25 running processes with very low CPU usage

Project 64 v.1.5
Video Plugin Jabo's Direct 3D6 1.5
Audio Plugin Jabo's DirectSound 1.5
Input Plugin Jabo's DirectImput7 1.5

All of my pj64 settings are the default settings.

My problem is that I get some pretty lousy framerates when playing Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, 1080 Snowboarding, Castlevania, etc. It'll be at about 60 fps for a while and then drop down to as low as 25 fps and jump back and forth.

What can I do to tweak my machine and/or pj64 settings so as to get the best game performance possible?

Thanks in advance.

Clements

There isn't that much you can do I afraid. You can reduce the number of glitches by using Glide64 and eVoodoo (refer to the sticky in the PJ64). This will not speed it up for you, so try an alternative, faster emulator such as 1964. Jabo's D3D plugins do require a GeForce or Radeon to look good and run fast.

dukenukem

lord freiza
The only way you may be able to get a new gfx card is probably to go with a pci one. Do you have any free pci slots?

4real

Yeah im running an laptop with n64 games and you can get some good speeds.

Try using Jabos 1.4 gfx for some games runs a lot faster.

Best set up i find is :-

jabos direct 3d 1.4 or 1.5
Schido's audio plugin 1.2
N rage v 21/82a
Hacktarux rsp plugin running process alist by rsp defined plugin azimers audio v0.55.1

Use a rambooster program before u load pj64 also make sure all programs not running in back ground.

Ive got Goldeneye running full speed on a 1.3 laptop intergrated everything but have to have nothing running at all apart from emu and basic windows.

If using windows xp make sure u set it to performance mode.
Runs fine full frames no slow down

Last edited: