What's new

Black screen

Anark

A couple of games that I have tried emulating seem to quit working for me (Black screen) at certain places.
In mario golf selecting a golf player will result in a black screen along with the voice and music cut off, in addition the voice and music will skip for a bit before dieing. As for Mario Tennis I get a black screen after the camelot logo, I have tried turning off the FPU hack, turning on 32 bit addressing(in mario golf), setting the cf = 1, exiting SETI, setting the sound buffer to max... I checked the roms with GOOD n64.The pc seems to get traped in an endless loop. Other games work just fine that are labled as playable (expect for magical tetris which is labled as almost playable, but was completly playable for me with a few of the non-gameplay graphics missing). I am using an AMD 1.2 GB, 256 MB SDRAM and a NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400 video card, running windows xp. Does anyone know what the problem/solution is... is there possibly more than one version of these games that act differently??

Whobetta

Hmm when you go to rom settings, what are the CRC values for Mario Tennis. I have the US version and it works for me, but I know you must disable 'assume 32bit', and leave FPU hack on. And I use the Jabo 1.4 Directx 7 and Azimer 0.4 plugins:

CRC1:5001CF4F
CRC2:F30CB3BD

OP
A

Anark

My CRC values are 5001CF4F and F30CB3BD and FPU hack is on and 32 bit addressing is off for mario Tennis.

Whobetta

Um what detonator drivers are you using for the Video Card, i have used 21.83,23.11, and 23.12 and they all should work fine. One thing you should try is change the sound plugin to NO SOUND or BASIC AUDIO and see if it works then, it could be a sound problem?

OP
A

Anark

I was able to get the games to work using PJ64 and transfering a freeze t0 1964... I do however get a nasty graphical error in certain places, the message is mostly just annoying causing the game to stop and having to press return a few times along with the inability to play full screen... also everytime I start up the game (and don't unfreeze) I get a in game message that the saved data is courped and has been earsed. Other than that I just get a few graphics missing