What's new

Visual C++ 6.0 problem

JoshColey

I'm having a problem with the parameter info list. In the project I'm working on.

When I type something like this
MessageBox(
its supposed to list the parameters for the function, but it doesn't.
The project complies fine though, and no other projects seem to have this
problem.

any Ideas?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
There are several things that might make it go weird. If errors are present in your code, it might not display it properly. Try rebuilding your intellisense database too (rebuild all).
A quick question too: does it happen with all functions? Did you try your own function (with a header of course) and see if it lists the parameters?

euphoria

Emutalk Member
Check whether you have "Project Settings\Browse Info\Build browse info file" checked. I'm not sure but this might do the trick.

Doomulation

In visual basic, it's MsgBox, while it's MessageBox in c++ :p
Lol, you should know that refraction.

I also doubt the browse info will help. I never use it and still have intellisense. And it isn't used for intellisense anyway.

OP
J

JoshColey

Doomulation said:
There are several things that might make it go weird. If errors are present in your code, it might not display it properly. Try rebuilding your intellisense database too (rebuild all).
A quick question too: does it happen with all functions? Did you try your own function (with a header of course) and see if it lists the parameters?

No it seems to be only the c++ library functions.
But like I said before the project compiles just fine.
I'll try (Rebuild All) and see if that works.
(No it didn't help!!)

Last edited:
OP
J

JoshColey

Well it seems that it doesn't work in any of my projects.(Even tried making a new one.)
Also tried reinstalling Visual C++, nothing.

zenogais

VC++ 6 isn't especially good when it comes to the intellisense deal, so that probably has something to do with it.

Doomulation

Might be. And refraction, yes it's win32 api ;)
Sometimes the stupid twit program just doesn't find the commands. But still, never did so for messagebox for me.

euphoria

Emutalk Member
Ok, found it. Tools\Options... on the Editor tab select from the down-right corner "Auto parameter info".
That should do it.

Doomulation

That's enabled by default, isn't it? And wasn't it working in other projects? If so, then that option should already be checked :plain: