What's new

One Cdi loads game, another music cd

derekhhh

Please help, trying to load .CDI

Hi, I am trying to get a .CDI image of sould calibur to work. Whenever I mount the image with daemon tools, and run it in Chankast, it seems to load it as a music CD. I've tried changing the image to .ISO, and creating a .BIN and mounting a .CUE, but it still does the same thing. Might anyone have some advice? I'm rather new to this, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:

Mr-Bob

I would like to continue with this problem ... i have it with every image except ikaruga.. i tried up to 10 images (and i know they are bootable) but nothing works ... i also tried serval bios/flash files

somebody an idea ?

(i didn't want to open a new thread for this)

rcgamer

the old guy
if i remember correctly, windows 2000 has that problem but i think there is a work around in the faq.

ah yes, here it is.

Q: I can't make Chankast run games under Windows 2K, why?
A: Make sure that you have the latest ASPI drivers installed and selected the ASPI CD-ROM interface from the plugin configuration.
IMPORTANT NOTES: If you get a "can't read TOC from x:drive" error you may have to install ASPI drivers v4.71 from HERE and after that install v4.60 from HERE in order to make it work.
You must not have custom IDE drivers installed when installing the ASPI drivers (use the IDE drivers that come with windows). If you have, the emulator will probably crash. To unistall any custom IDE drivers manually do the following:
Go into the windows device manager and then to the ATA/ATAPI controllers section. Then select the IDE controller and then the drivers tab and click update drivers. Then select choose driver from list and then check show all hardware. Finally install the 'Standard Dual channel PCI IDE controller' and reboot. After that, install the ASPI drivers.

please read the sticky posts , they will answer most if not all questions you will have.

Last edited: