What's new

Resident Evil/Biohazard 4 Trial Textures

Silent Viper

Hi,I'm new here and pretty new to ROMs and Emulating,but as I mod Tomb Raider and GTA:Vice City (next year San Andreas too :p), I need the textures of the Resident Evil 4 Trial Version.
I got the GCM,I already used some tools to ripp the tpl files,but I'm missing both,the Player/Villager Textures (especially Leon and Chainsawdude) aswell as the envoirmental-textures (leaf covered floors,trees,wood,rocks ...).
So does anyone know a tool to ripp the rest of the files or at least has something like glidos,so an emulator,that saves textures when playing,but something that works with the re4-demo ?

Another question (but long time not as important as the textures),is there anyway of ripping the models too ?

JamesDean

I have all of player model files for Resident Evil 4. I can't seem to figure out how to decompress them... They are all in ".drs" format.

Capcom most likely encrypted the files so no one can get to them... They have been doing this with previous games as well.

Last edited:

jth

The textures for the player models are contained in the model files themselves, you can extract them out with a hex editor, I've done it myself.

Taher

Hi
How can i open TPL files for editing ?
I want to edit Menus of the game or capcom or dolby logo in the start of the game, how this is possible ?
Thanks

jth

You'd need a program to convert the image files back into TPL format, the only one I'm aware of is a part of the leaked NGC SDK, and so is illegal.

BlueFalcon7

i have found TPL files in a few games made by totally different companies like paper mario 2 and F-Zero GX and i was looking for a viewer and i found the program used to make them at http://www.webtech.co.jp/eng/store/index.html and there used to be one for every system that was out but the program is thousands of dollars and you have to be an authorized game maker on top of that, i looked all over the net for a leaked version but i could not find anything

MarkGrass

I hacked alot the textures out of Resident Evil 4 Trial Edition quite some time ago. Here is a few sample pics and a link. All i've bothered to rip so far are Item Screen textures. All item avatars,etc. were personally hacked by myself.

http://rapidshare.de/files/8587534/RE4_Trial_Stat_Screen.rar

0a04statscreen3rj.png

17rocketlauncher8cg.png

I was also able to rip a bunch of the skins too.

txt2225147vc.png

txt1721144ym.png

Taher

Can you please wxplain a little more that how you can rip this textures out of the game files ?
How you can recognize the format structure ?
thx

MarkGrass

Yes, groupz is right, however you have to have a very high-end PC the even get a solid 10FPS, or else you'll have to wait an hour just to get a few textures.

Miles Lombardi

I would please like to have this information too. I have previously ripped from Zelda: FSA and Zelda: WW, but have never touched a game such as Resi4.
However, seeing as there's a PC version coming soon... I may never need to ¬_¬.

Sercio

well there is a tool which i found from the internet (thanks mariokart64n)
Its called .drs expander and can extract .drs files with included .tpl files from each character.
I hope i have the permission to puplish this tool...

Last edited: