What's new

Banjo Tooie: Cloud Cuckooland problem

Intoxicated

Hey Guys,

I've been experiencing a problem with this level. I move to a certai narea and the project 64 crashes. It also happens when i repeat that step, however, when i go another way it's alright, but n random sections around the level it crashes. Does anyone know what's wrong?

And also in the level "Jolly Roger's Lagoon" i'm experiencing the same kind of problem, but it occurs only in one place. AFter throwing a grenade egg in the Jolly's Bar (through the window to the gunpowder) a hole is formed. This hole gives access to the room previously unavailable ot get into. The problem here is that whenever i go in through the hole, when i come out in side it crashes. This always happens.

Can you guys possibly help me please, and would u know how i can astop this from happening?

Thanx in advance

Last edited:

gandalf

Member ready to help
i have random freezes with the game
I think,one solution is to make an save-state before the freeze part, then try to pass that part

OP
Intoxicated

Intoxicated

yeah that's kidna what i already do, but it keeps getting annoying. I thought there might be another way that we could like overcome this problem!

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Intoxicated said:
Hey Guys,

I've been experiencing a problem with this level. I move to a certai narea and the project 64 crashes. It also happens when i repeat that step, however, when i go another way it's alright, but n random sections around the level it crashes. Does anyone know what's wrong?

And also in the level "Jolly Roger's Lagoon" i'm experiencing the same kind of problem, but it occurs only in one place. AFter throwing a grenade egg in the Jolly's Bar (through the window to the gunpowder) a hole is formed. This hole gives access to the room previously unavailable ot get into. The problem here is that whenever i go in through the hole, when i come out in side it crashes. This always happens.

Can you guys possibly help me please, and would u know how i can astop this from happening?

Thanx in advance
Probably a bad rom in my opinion, sometimes the good dump crashes, too. But not at special places or such things! id you checked it with GoodN64?

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
1 thing: everyone should use 1964 0.8.5 for this game, it is by far the most stable, I haven't had one crash yet... not only that, but it also does not have any collision bugs that 1964 0.9.9 has and it also runs much smoother.

I use this plugin setup,
Video: Jabos Direct3D6 1.5
Sound: Azimers HLE Audio plugin v0.55.1
Input: NRages input plugin

you must use an rsp plugin, I recommend mupens rsp.

OP
Intoxicated

Intoxicated

thanx guys. I've playd on 1964 b4 but i had that problem with the fire switch lol. the switch never worked!!! Which is why i began to use PJ64 after i found it was compatible with BT.

Where can i find that Jabo plugin?

My sig isn't ridiculous! lol I think it's a fair size. It doesn't stretch the page either!

Tooty

scottjc, ur config works perfect on my system, every of the former random
crashes is disappeared and the game really runs quite smooth

zAlbee

Keeper of The Iron Tail
your sig is fair size? it wouldn't fit on a floppy disk. :getlost: it's >500 pixels tall and your animated gif is 2 MB for god's sake.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Intoxicated said:
thanx guys. I've playd on 1964 b4 but i had that problem with the fire switch lol. the switch never worked!!!
I think you'll find if you use 1964 0.8.5 instead of 0.9.9 the fire switch problem isn't there...

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I just used a certain firefox plugin to block it for now but I agree it should be removed, at least get rid of the animated one. Its not a problem for broadband users but some of emutalks users are 56k'ers.

OP
Intoxicated

Intoxicated

Oh Ok, I'll use 1964 0.8.5 then. I'll take away the animation. I just copied and pasted the whole code from another forum made by vbulletin. I''ll take away the animation. And thank you for being a it more politer than the other ignorant guy!

so how will i transfer my saves from PJ64 to 1964 because i know they won't be compatible.

Last edited:

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Ignorance is in the eye of the beholder. Personally, I find someone who uses a huge sig of britney spears and tries to say it's fine, to be quite ignorant.