What's new

Jabo 1.4

Alec

Hello everyone,

Sorry if this a dumb question, I'm rather new to this. I noticed that on 1964, it says "Use Jabo 1.4" for the comment on Diddy Kong Racing, also the recent Apollo release said it fixed issues with Jabo 1.4, and also on this message board someone said download 1.4 in the beta of Project 64. I got the latest Project 64 (there was no beta) but I could not find Jabo 1.4 plugin... I assume that is the Direct3D plugin, right? If anyone could help, that would be great.

-Alec

schibo

Emulator Developer
hi. This comment was not meant to be the ini, but if you send PJ a donation http://www.pj64.net, they might send you a beta. I can't guarantee it though, since I don't know how they are handling their beta testing right now.

sk8bloke22

roll for life
or wait for pj64 1.4 to be officially released, it'll be sometime now, but u can catch its progress on the pj64 forum. when its release u can play those games like diddy kong and perfect dark.

Ozymandias

hmmm... Diddy kong...sweet! :D How does it perform with Jabo's 1.4?

Zero: the sooner, most of the times the better :)

RPGlover12

when pj64 1.4 is going to be realesed
am sick of waiting
and i hate 1964 cause it didn't make it own plugin
why dont they make their own plugin
like pj64 did
:)
hope pj64 is going to be good
very good too

Tesla-Guy

stop acting lame, respect the authors of every emulator. If you don't like 1964 it's free for you not to like it but STOP discouraging the authors :pissed: :angry: :pissed: :angry: :pissed: :angry: :pissed: :angry: :pissed: :angry:

sk8bloke22

roll for life
lol. u dont like 1964 cos it didnt make its own plugin. it has been made to work almost better than pj64 for jabos d3d. why the hel do u think 'zilmar spec' was developed - the emu scene needed zilmar spec to be introduced. this way, ppl can work on an amazing core, and get their emu to run well on most systems, than hav to put too much effort in getting the gfx works. jabos d3d aint just for pj64, just like azimar's audio wasnt just for apollo.

if u dont like 1964, it should be for reasons that concern its performance and possible problems with ur system, that make it unusable. i dont understand how u can h8 an emu that runs so many games.

RPGlover12

i dont hate it
i just dont like for 1964 to run the same games as pj64
and maybe 1964 is better in some games
like mario party 1 , 2 , 3
yoshi story
mario tennis
iss 64 98
but still pj64 much better
but still a great emu
i didn't say i hate it
but look at it
chameleon twist2 doesn't run bec. of the video plugin doesn't support it
but its still a great emu
i will never say its bad
its really good
but pj64 is still much better :pj64:

Jfletcher

None of the (better) PSX emulators except Bleem make their own GPU plugins, and it's alot better since they have Lewpy for Glide and Pete for D3D and Open GL. The more the merrier I think.
On the topic of 1964, I think it's great. The only issue is Jabo's great sound plugin makes it crash. Other than that, I use the new version as much as PJ64 1.4 Beta.
Perfect Dark at 62 VI/s per second..... Enough said.

sk8bloke22

roll for life
RPGlover12 said:
[B
and i hate 1964 cause it didn't make it own plugin
why dont they make their own plugin
like pj64 did
:)
hope pj64 is going to be good
very good too [/B]

hmmm...u sure u didnt say that. ???

at the moment, publically, it plays more. so it doesnt play the same games. there are some games that work on one and dont work on the other. none is actually better, its got to a stage where i can say that without lyin, it aint a race or a competition, emus are a piece of free software. infact, from wat im aware of, both emus are VERY different in terms of the core. which of course is the main thing.

Last edited:

sk8bloke22

roll for life
Jfletcher said:
None of the (better) PSX emulators except Bleem make their own GPU plugins, and it's alot better since they have Lewpy for Glide and Pete for D3D and Open GL. The more the merrier I think.
On the topic of 1964, I think it's great. The only issue is Jabo's great sound plugin makes it crash. Other than that, I use the new version as much as PJ64 1.4 Beta.
Perfect Dark at 62 VI/s per second..... Enough said.

well said.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
they're some really dumb people around (some of them at nemu.com)...

I'll put it this way:

which is worse.. to have a choice of two cores on which to run one plugin, or to have only one core and one plugin? because that's your choice. two plugins and two cores is not your choice, unless you want to spend 3 years making one.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
the answer, of course, is that it's always better to be able to mix and match parts... you have a finite number of parts, the more ways you can combine them, the more chance you have of finding a combination that does what you want. I don't see how there can be a rational argument to the contrary.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Jabo's audio plugin is not great ok (+ he'd be the first to admit :) ) His RSP compiler is f***ing amazing, but that's not open.

Jfletcher

Wow, I'm gonna have to try some others then, (it sounded good so I didn't try any of the other plugins) because I get good FPS and sound with his. With Sync audio on anyways.

dillyalex

Better or worse the both authors put time and most likely money into their projects they alone can rightly say if its good or not we should be happy that Rice,Schibo+Jabo,Zilmar decided to release there emus they could have simply keep it and let there children play around but no,they share it with the public

Rice

Emulator Developer
dillyalex

Thx.

btw, I think you can make your avatar in better resolution.

Rice