What's new

GCube 0.3 released

Clements

Gcube has no GUI, so make a shortcut to it and drop your gcms into it as suggested in the readme.

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
Sorry about the size of the images. -.-

Anyway, some nice progress there. I tested what I have, here's what's different from Dolphin:

Mario Power Tennis: Crashes Gcube, but you can see a faint image of the warning page.
Donkey Konga (USA and JAP): Images below. Crashes when you try to play.
Donkey Konga 2 (JAP): Images below. (Goes Ingame!)
Sonic Mega Collection: Same as Dolphin, ironcally.
Sonic Adventure 2 - Battle: Couldn't get ingame with it, too slow and the buttons won't work. But it seems to be running fairly good.
Crazy Taxi: Crashes when you try to go ingame. >_>
4x4 Evo: Shows "Licenced by Nintendo" and and crashes.
Luigi's Mansion: Makes Gcube crash.
Pokemon Colosseum: Works, in a sense. It's completely messed up, but my GCM hasn't had any file editing.
Harvest Moon: Won't pass the Licenced screen.
Paper Mario 2 (Both USA and JAP): Crashes Gcube.
Zelda - Four Swords: Works, about as well as Dolphin Teaser with the INI fixes.
WarioWare INC - Mega Party Game$: Same as Dolphin Teaser, but clearer textures in some places. Text is a tad bit more visible.
Wario World: Images below.
Zelda - Wind Waker: Won't boot.

It's a pity Gcube doesn't have sound configured.

Last edited:
OP
DarthDazDC

DarthDazDC

An Alright Guy
Thanks Clements, i was able to try a few games out:
1-6 is Crazy Taxi, i could go ingame, but when i would try and go forward or backwards, the car would go beserk.
7 Is Ikaruga, this is all it showed, this was the same for Bio Hazard 4 Trial.
8 and 9 are from my favourite, Viewtiful Joe, at the mo it only reaches the nintendo screen and freezes, but good progess nontheless.

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
Good to see emulatoin of the NGC is still alive and kicking, awesome awesome work guys, keep it up!

Stezo2k

S-2K
tried this out earlier, very impressed with it to be honest, almost as compatible as dolphin, speed is about the same too :)

keep up the good work guys

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Great :) Now we have 3 almost equivalent GC emus. I knew that GCube was going to evolve enough to "catch" Dolphin and Dolwin. Hard to predict how things are going to change in the future but I'm quite sure that it couldn't be better for the rest of us :D

_Chrono_

aka Chrono Archangel
shadow1500 said:
did som1 tried SSBM? for me it just loads shows black screen with 20 fps...

I get to menu in black&white. does nothing when starting a game..or crashes, cant remember. ill psot shots eventually

spyro32

SSBM and Kingdom Hearts fan
howd u get ssbm working with gcube :huh: ?for me it just loads with a black screen running in 10-25 fps

OP
DarthDazDC

DarthDazDC

An Alright Guy
u have to put in a parameter in the shorcut. i think its -l1, but when i do it and drop a gcm into the shortcut, it doesnt load...
EDIT: Ive got it working now, i made bio hazard 4 run as well, but when u press start at the title screen it just loads and stays at a black screen:

Last edited: