What's new

Zelda : Ocarina of Time Prob!

benjwalker

??? On Zelda : Ocarina of Time, just after Link takes the master sword and grows up by 7 yrs I am told to go to Kakario Village (or woteva it's called) I go into the shop (next to the entrance to the mountain trail) and the screen goes blank, the computer doesn't respon and my only option is to reboot. Does anyone have any ideas about this prob?
Cheers

LastHope

:pj64: Also when nava isnt out in the open Link and everything around him looses there colors and all you see are models of the characters you can still play if you dont mind seeing nothing but gray.

Also I am good at graphic and do you want a new icon for your emulator? If so I can make you somthing realy cool. Just e-mail me.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
u r good at graphic? i r baboon :D

I really have no clue what either of you are talking about, soz.

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
hehe, Who needs A Sword To Grow up.

I'm Also quite good with Graphics, But these you can play in game with :colgate:

(Sorry Smiff, Couldn't Resist)

alwaysoldlink2.jpg

Last edited:
OP
B

benjwalker

??? ok wot r any of u goin on about! any other ppl got any solutions to my prob?
Thanx ppl

P.S. I am good at graphics too - even tho it's highly irrelevant!

Eagle

aka Alshain
The Gentleman said:
hehe, Who needs A Sword To Grow up.

Maybe thats what I need. People r always telling me to grow up. :p

EDIT: I quoted the wrong thing :)

Last edited:

Gent

Administrator
Right: benjwalker.

1st of all, Ive just done that & i went into the shop & even bought something, & then went up the Mountain Trail to the lost woods.
Sorry, No black screen, No re-boot.

Have you checked it with Good64 ?

& maybe you should list your System Specs ?

But Its all good for me.

Eagle :p , You stay just the way you are ;)

OP
B

benjwalker

??? sure u tried it when Link's grown up, it was fine when he was a kid.
My system specs r -
Athlon 1200mhz
GeForce 2 Mx
256mb RAM
WinME

Also, if it's in anyway connected or anythin, on like the big fields and stuff, the ground always seems to go sorta transparent (which is worrying)
Thanx again mateys, any more ideas?!

Witten

Emulator Developer
hmmm... graphic problems.

your graphic drivers, what version r they? (check out nVidia for new drivers, 21.83 are the latest official drivers)

Gent

Administrator
benjwalker said:
??? sure u tried it when Link's grown up, it was fine when he was a kid.

Yes i am sure he was grown up, & not induced by a Cheat.

Just normal Game mode.

Would you like a screen of it in 98SE on 1.3 ?

Last edited:
OP
B

benjwalker

updated the drivers, still got transparent ground. now wen i go in the shop the screen goes black, then I get a still image of inside the shop and it crashes with the error -
Jabo's GFX Plugin - Error
A fatal exception occured while processing graphics
Please close and restart the emulator, if this error
persists read the documentation for help

??? must be a reason y it crashes on my comp and not on other ppls.
thanx

OP
B

benjwalker

The Gentleman said:

Yes i am sure he was grown up, & not induced by a Cheat.

Just normal Game mode.

Would you like a screen of it in 98SE on 1.3 ?

I'll take ur word 4 it m8.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
are you getting there by loading a state? You shouldn't. Use real N64 save, reset ROM, load the game through menu, then try.

OP
B

benjwalker

after loading the game thru the menu, saving it via the menu, reseting and reloading the game, it seems to finally work. woohoo! :D probly a dodgy save or summet. still got transparent ground but spose i'll hav2 put up wi that.
Thanx 4 all ur help guys
:pj64:

CLSugarman

isn't that a known issue:

"unknown x86 opcode 8B/location 1000BDCB/loc:77647C/fgh2" when entering Kakariko Bazaar (~50%? chance) (use protect memory for this point)

blizz

??? I go to work for one day and stuff happens ;) thus I'm going to sort this out so my head doesn't explode ;)

benjwalker:you go to Kariko village to get the hookshot from the cemetary, since you've sorted the crash problem out, that's good then and it's neither a game problem or emu problem, good :)