What's new

castlevania help

Skullkid

When in the start menu on Castlevania 64, a big black ugly square covers the text or the picture, so i cant see it. Is it supposed to be like this?
Here are some examples:

(attached files, couldn't copy, hope you can se it)

I'm using Jabo's plugins 1.5.1

Last edited by a moderator:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
When you run the game go to the specific game options of PJ64 and enable the 8MB expansion pack. This fixes the same problem somehow for Castlevania LOD so it may also work for you. If it doesn't fix it then use another plugin.

OP
Skullkid

Skullkid

The 8MB expansion pack didn't work.
I tried many different plugins, some solved the problem, some didn't, but those whiche did solve it, maked new problems.
Which plugin will work best? My graphic card:
ABIT siluro GF4 MX

OP
Skullkid

Skullkid

Didn't work either, but with Glide 64 0.7 Me SP8 with -Read every frame- on, it works.
I didn't know there was a options menu... (didnt show with Jabo's plugins...)
Anyway, with that option on it goes ...slow, slower, slowest.
So, guess I have to live with it, unless anyone have other solutions.

Gonetz

Plugin Developer (GlideN64)
Menu uses CPU-processed frame buffer effect.
This means that it will work only if current rendered frame will be put into a structure which represents console's memory (DRAM). This frame is then processed by CPU (emulator) and the result is used as a texture. If frame is not copyied into DRAM, result will be black or garbage texture. Video plugin can't detect, when CPU will use frame buffer, so it is necessary to read every frame from video card, and this is slow process for today AGP video cards. In theory, PCI-Express cards should do it better, but I haven't a chance to check it.
You may also activate "Emulate primary" in advanced options of Jabo's plugin to emulate this effect, but it can be even more slow then with Glide64.

Crypter

Sometimes it happens here, sometimes it doesn't. Maybe it depends of which moment of the game you access this option screen.

OP
Skullkid

Skullkid

Gonetz said:
You may also activate "Emulate primary" in advanced options of Jabo's plugin to emulate this effect, but it can be even more slow then with Glide64.

Yes, it surley is... :yucky:
thanks anyway.
If I understood you correctly, I have to live with it unless i get a new video-card.
Well, it not of big importance anyway... :yawn:

Last edited: