What's new

Logitech WingMan Cordless RumblePad

de0nix

Is the Logitech WingMan Cordless RumblePad good, i heard that people are having problems with simular gamepads from logitech. I also read from a review that the rf gets interfired with other wireless devices. Anyone with the same gamepad have these problems.

Do not mention the adaptoid, or i will go crazy. don't ask why

Do you think its a good buy, i will mostly use it for n64 emulation and some other games?

Thanks in advanced

Niggy G

HTAFC will rise again!!!
de0nix said:
Is the Logitech WingMan Cordless RumblePad good, i heard that people are having problems with simular gamepads from logitech. I also read from a review that the rf gets interfired with other wireless devices. Anyone with the same gamepad have these problems.

Do you think its a good buy, i will mostly use it for n64 emulation and some other games?

Thanks in advanced

You should try the adaptoid!

I'm not too keen on the logitech Wingman, ive never used one but i held a display model and it felt cheap. As for the interference im not sure.

try this link for a thread on good PC gamepads...

http://forums.devhardware.com/archive/t-14561

I like the Airflow one.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
de0nix said:

Thanks in advanced
I just said in another thread that this pad is a great one BUT I always get into trouble with the buttons after some month,, because they always began to hang with EVERY Logitech Pad I've tried.
But for all the other things it's a very great thing!

Eagle

aka Alshain
Niggy G said:
You should try the adaptoid!

Adaptoid isn't always the answer. N64 controllers suck unless your using a N64 emulator. I play a lot of PC games and I can't stand my adaptoid for them.

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
de0nix said:

Thanks in advanced

The Logitech WingMan RumblePad cordless is an excellent controller when used with NRage's input plugin.

My95ZR2

I love my Wireless Wingman Rumble, had it for a year now and no problems out of it. I wouldn't call myself a full-time gamer, but I do play alot of N64, PSX, GBA, NES, and SNES games with it. Of course there's games like NFS and Metal Gear Solid that I play it with, and it does take quite a beating, but it has held up very well. The only thing I hate is how heavy the thing is with 4 AA batteries in it. I'm considering getting another Thrustmaster Firestorm, but getting the Dual Power one this time, for rumble on the road.

-Adam

euphoria

Emutalk Member
I saw somewhere a new Logitech rumblepad (wasn't cordless, though) that was about 1:1 with PS2 pad. The thing that bothers me with the old RumblePad is the analog sticks, they are slippery when your thumbs sweat even a little. The new one had similar to ps2's anal.sticks which are good. Worth checking out if the cordlessness isn't a factor.
One thing worth mentioning is the wingman software which takes 10 Megs of mem when running. I can't understand why a software that is meant to be running while gaming is taking so much memory?
But in overall I'm very pleased with my Logitech Wingman RumplePad.

revl8er

That Damn Good
My little cousing has a cordless wingman and I have a regular wingman rumblepad. They are good controllers but seem to give problems after a while so I wouldn't recommend them. I would recommend getting a n64/psx usb adapter since I haven't had a problem with it and it works for most pc games.

Eagle

aka Alshain
The Firestorm Dual Power is an awesome gamepad. I've had one for years and wouldn't trade it for anything else. Except maybe a Firestorm Dual Power 3. As for driver support, I will say that it did take them quite a while after XP was released to work out the bugs but they are all fixed now and I don't think they have had reason to release new drivers for the Dual Power for quite some time.

www.thrustmaster.com

Last edited: