What's new

Link 3D Model?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hosma293

Beta Quest Freak
Hi All

I wanted to know if someone could send me a ripped Link model WITH TEXTURES from Zelda MM. I'd do it myself only the new Nemu plugin that rips textures as well a models crashes Nemu and I can't use it :cry:

Please Help, I REALLY need a Link Model
Hosma293

Chibi Nick

Emutalk Member
Just a question. What are you using it for?

N64 models have no use in computer games because they are too low poly and don't look as good as one modelled with more polies. Not to mention that the models are copyrighted, etc.

BFeely

Chibi Nick said:

N64 models have no use in computer games because they are too low poly and don't look as good as one modelled with more polies. Not to mention that the models are copyrighted, etc.

I heard something like many of the models are actually multiple models put together in an attempt to overcome the limitations of the 3d processing in the N64. Remember the CPU is only about 100 MHz and it has a very low capacity 3D chip and only 4 MB of RAM (8 MB with Expansion Pak). Those put together, programmers need to use as little polygons as possible.

Chibi Nick

Emutalk Member
BFeely said:
I heard something like many of the models are actually multiple models put together in an attempt to overcome the limitations of the 3d processing in the N64. Remember the CPU is only about 100 MHz and it has a very low capacity 3D chip and only 4 MB of RAM (8 MB with Expansion Pak). Those put together, programmers need to use as little polygons as possible.
Yes, that is true. Link and his horse and all the other models in the game are made this way. If you look at the character, you can see it at the joints.

I have link and his horse w/o textures and I know for sure they are modelled in this fashion.

freaky_gl

Chibi Nick said:

Chibi, maybe this is kinda rude, but I'll say it anyways.
I've been reading trough this forum this evening, and I believe I've read something like "What are you using it for?" and "N64 models have no use in computer games.." before.
I'm getting really pissed off by the fact that you keep constantly pounding on the opinion that the models shouldn't be used in games.
You also make other people feel like they are doing something stupid, while they are just interested.
What the hell, and again, what the hell.. do you care for what other people do or do not. They are just asking how to do the ripping etc. , and they are obviously not interested in your opinion on it.
If they want to put it in a game, to make it look just like the 2 N64 games that's their choice. @ the copyrights and other legal bogus stuff:
see me care? I'm not going to make money with the things I use the models/textures for! I think you all make a big deal out of it too much.. Nintendo isn't stupid... and they will certainly not sue you without even giving you knowledge of the fact you are doing something illegal.

frostyraver

Chibi Nick said:

Does everyone not know the copyright laws?

He probably is as curias as most of us 'programmers', i wouldn't mind looking my self, oh no, isn't have themodle still illigal if i don't own mario 64, technically even having a rom is illigal, from what i gather you pay for the CARTRIGE not a rom, there for there all illigal.

Like the big N would care if they don't make money off there n64, i don't think there even sould outside japan anymore, and if worse comes to worse buy the game for $20 aud max.

Slougi

The 3d mesh, and the textures, are copyrighted by Nintendo. As such sending them over the internet is illegal without prior, written permission. We do not condone illegal behaviour. End of story, end of thread, don't ask again.

Status
Not open for further replies.