What's new

GeForce 4!!

Triz

nothing will change

from your Geforce2PRO,GF3 etc it won't look like the GC or anything like that, unless the game was designed that way the only real benefit to PJ64 is it could probably run the games which were performing bad if you have a shit pc or something much more playable and play well in those blisteringly high resolutions

Trancer

geforce 4 is to expensive for me to buy, geforce 2 works fine and i dont want to waste my money on the geforce 4 , couple of months later and its much cheaper and maybe then there is a better videocard out already

TrueZxC

I agree that it won't make a lot of difference, not that i have a gforce anything i have a good old ATI Radeon and boy does it fly.
andyone else out there using ATI Radeon or just me??

20BG UDMA66 5400 RPMs
ATI Radeon 8500 64MB DDR (Double Data Rate) AGP 4x
Creative Labs Live 5.1

thine_impalor

Local spammer
POINTLESS!!!!!

trust me, DON'T get excited at using a geforce4 for pj1.4. I have got a TNT2 M64(PLEASE note M64ok), and i get 70-100+fps in games. Infact, MANY games run TOO fast for me, and ideal fps is around 60, thats y i use LIMIT fps, so i dunno y anyopne should get excited bout using geforce4 with pj. Now, Doom3, Renegade, Quake IV, GET excited!!!!:D

Ice Blitz

It's not always about getting faster graphics. Sometimes, when it's as fast as it needs to be, some people want better graphics. A good card can give more options. Besides, the reason yours is fast lies not with the graphics card (although it helps some) but rather the fast processor.

Kief Sutherland

GeForce Aint Shit!

You want to really make pj kick ass, get a faster processor. Nothing less than 1.4 Ghz. You'll appriciate that more than paying about double the cost for some goddamn circuit board with some fancy hype. If you want that, go down to radio shack, get one of those $9 telephones, break it on the floor and throw the insides into the bottom of your pc. It will give the same affect as your geForce 4... collecting dust. Kief

Ice Blitz

A super-fast 1.4 GHz doesn't really help make PJ64 better. It just speeds it up so much that you have to limit the fps and slow it back down.

N-Rage

dont go for a Geforce4, Geforce5 will be 5% faster and 70% more expensive! :hrm:

as long no Game brings my ol RadeonDDR down ill keep it.

Kakarot

Ummm.... my 8MB Vanta is good enough (for n64 emulation) and my 800 MHz Duron. It even runs goldeneye on PJ64 1.4 at full speed! Strange huh? As for newer pc games it just sucks ass. :(

P.s. anyone know how to set a AGP video card to PCI mode? The lack of ram on my gfx card is killing me!

Last edited:

Kief Sutherland

Excuse me, Jackass...

A super-fast 1.4 GHz doesn't really help make PJ64 better

Buddy, your only using a 700 MHz Duron! Look at the rest of your specs, how the hell do you know what makes Pj "better"? I cant believe PJ even runs on your machine? I have one pc with 750 Mhz Athlon, and one with 1.5GHz, one has a ATI Radeon 8500, the other has a GeForce 3, and both have at least 512 MB of ram. PJ works "better" on the 1.5GHz machine. Period. I guess with your nickel and dime rig, anything you put in it would make PJ "better". Sorry.

thine_impalor

Local spammer
i agree with iceblitz on 1 thing

it is true that actually, it IS my processor thats making the stuff faster, actually, thats what keif ALSO said, anyway, so i had an m64 with my OLD comp too, and that was a p2 400Mhz and zelda64 on pj1.3 ran at 14-20fps, now, with limit fps, it runs at 60fps(thats ALL i need anyway)... but coming back to the subject(1st post), it is NOT worth waiting for geforce4 to make Zelda look like zelda on GAMECUBE(actually, i thought the 3d link is much better than the 2d 1 in gamecube but im talkin bout lightin effects and stuff), a geforce4 CAN'T actually IMPROVE the gfx in zelda, i mean, if u have a geforce4 and u run some old dos game, its not gonna look like halo or aquanox??? i think its stupid to even THINK about that.........:plain:

Tesla-Guy

Re: POINTLESS!!!!!

thine_impalor said:
trust me, DON'T get excited at using a geforce4 for pj1.4. I have got a TNT2 M64(PLEASE note M64ok), and i get 70-100+fps in games. Infact, MANY games run TOO fast for me, and ideal fps is around 60, thats y i use LIMIT fps, so i dunno y anyopne should get excited bout using geforce4 with pj. Now, Doom3, Renegade, Quake IV, GET excited!!!!:D
HAHAHAHA... try 1600x1200x32bit in F-zero X and see your TNT2 crawl like a bitch

Tesla-Guy

Kakarot said:
P.s. anyone know how to set a AGP video card to PCI mode? The lack of ram on my gfx card is killing me!
BIOS... press DEL when boot screen appears :p btw the pc i'm writing now, its gfx card settings in bios are set to PCI instead of Onboard AGP (TNT2, sucks dick) but it still works :p

Ice Blitz

Re: Kief's Response

I'm pretty sure you'd like to believe that all the advantages of the newest 1+ GHz Athlons and P4s help anything and everything. No current emulator on the net requires clock speeds higher than 700 MHz. I like to purchase a new computer every two years, when the one I have seems a little antiquated. For PJ64, my "nickel and dime rig" gives me an average 70 fps.

"Buddy, your only using a 700 MHz Duron! Look at the rest of your specs, how the hell do you know what makes Pj "better"? I cant believe PJ even runs on your machine?" - Kief Sutherland

:plain2:

Not that I'm trying to insult, but come on...read the documentation before trying to put down the intelligence of others. PJ64 only requires a 700 MHz processor. Not to mention the fact that I allocate some of my 320 Mb of memory to video to increase graphics performance. :cool:

And that was another thing. You insulted my intelligence based on my specs? ??? Where the hell did it say a person's got to have a hot new computer to be smart? Last I heard, grey matter was the determining factor there! :angry:

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
bah

I don't care if the freakin geforce 20 comes out lol il stick to my geforce 2 gts 32mb (wish it was 64 mb though) but oh well

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
oh and one morrrrre thing

Not that I'm trying to insult, but come on...read the documentation before trying to put down the intelligence of others. PJ64 only requires a 700 MHz processor. Not to mention the fact that I allocate some of my 320 Mb of memory to video to increase graphics performance.

Excuss me am still a computer newbie, how do you do that, i mean its possible to make it so that the video card uses more ram? how would i do that, shoot am probably barely using my ram lol
256mb pc 133 (not much but its something) :D

Ice Blitz

A program preinstalled on my computer allows me to allocate memory from RAM for use with Direct3D and OpenGL capabilities. You may not be able to do that. Besides, I've got plenty of memory to throw around anyways. :D

Re: Re: Kief's Response

Ice Blitz said:

Not that I'm trying to insult, but come on...read the documentation before trying to put down the intelligence of others. PJ64 only requires a 700 MHz processor.

I'm afraid you're the one who has to read the documentation,your
"power station" is below even from minimum spec requirements.As for the recommended?Athlon 1.2 my friend, you know how to read,right?Now don't come and tell me that you're running Perfect Dark at a perfect 60,let's be serious ok?