What's new

What should I buy?

What should I buy on the 1st of December?

• DVD Burner

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 80gb hard drive

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Geforce 6600gt

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Flat screen monitor

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

revl8er

That Damn Good
I was wondering what you guys think would be the best thing to buy on the 1st of the month? My first choice is a dvd burner, My second choice is an extra hard drive since my other hard drive is used up pretty much and I cant find too many things to delete. My third choice is a geforce 6600gt gfx card, My last choice is a flat screen monitor. Any help would be good.

Clements

Since the 6600GT isn't terribly faster than a 5900 Ultra (6600GTs only come in 128MB, ruling out using 1600x1200 at decent quality/FPS), I'd use the money for the hard drive/DVD burner. I personally wouldn't get a TFT monitor when you can get a massive good-quality CRT for the same price, unless you have a space constraint. For the price of a 17" TFT, you could get the hard drive, DVD-burner and a possibly a 19-21" CRT.

Stezo2k

S-2K
I'd personally go for a big HDD or a dvd burner

btw i wouldn't go for a 80gig though, you can get a 200 gig for around £70-80

Eagle

aka Alshain
Stezo2k said:
I'd personally go for a big HDD or a dvd burner

btw i wouldn't go for a 80gig though, you can get a 200 gig for around £70-80

Yeah I got my 250 Gig for only a little over $100. Its not really worth 80.

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
If you really look around, you can find hard drives for less than 30 cents a gig. Good hard drives too. I just recently bought one 160 gig hard drive for $26, and another one for $49. Both of them were 7200 RPM, 8mb cache, 8.5ms access time. One was a seagate which only makes 25db of noise, the other was a western digital. In all I paid $75 for 320 gigs. Whenever I buy a new motherboard I plan to set these drives up in a raid 0 configuration.

Stezo2k

S-2K
AlphaWolf said:
I just recently bought one 160 gig hard drive for $26

damn....... thats well good, i thought they was cheap enough in the UK :)

i'll have to buy imported next time