What's new

R.I.P Astrid

Martin

Administrator
Astrid Lindgren, author of many child books, probably most famous internationally for Pippi Longstocking, has passed away at the age of 94. :(

Many kids have grown up, fascinated by Astrid's books, myself included, and although this wonderful lady was old, it's still sad that's she's not along anymore. Thank you Astrid, I'll read your books for my kids until they'll slap me silly. Respect.

Remote

Astrid Lindgren has brought joy to children for so many years, yet her work has not been apprecieted and rewarded by the ones she would have liked it from most, The Nobel Foundation. Maybe she, and her great accomplishments, will revieve the Nobel litterature prize post humity. Only time can tell but if she does not deserve this token of appreciation, who does?

OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
Couldn't have said it better myself, and by the way, The Nobel Foundation should be ashamed of themselves for not giving Astrid the prize. I read the newspaper today, and it had like 20 pages just about her, so I saw the list of books she had written. If I could just name them all in English I would.

She did not like the commotion around her, and once she said: "I wish I was dead, but then it would probably be even more commotion". She was right about that last part. ???

I salute you Astrid, and once again, I hope you will R.I.P.

Zero

Liar Liar Pants On Fire!
She did and those she wrote were real good children books may she rest in peace.

OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
Oleg Zaks said:
R.I.P in deed... Didn`t she write the Nielse Holgerssen books as well?

No, that was another Swede that was a bit earlier: Selma Lagerlöf.

RatTrap

GODLIKE
yeah Selmas books roxor too.. shes on one of our money bills i believe.. think on the 20 kr bills.. not sure.. but who knows.. Maybe Astrid will be on the next "krona" :).. who knows.. and i agree on the Nobel price thing.. seems weird that she never got it.. unless she didn't want it.. everyone knows she didn't want any more commotion bout herself.. very modest woman and very old.. and i hope she died with a feeling of contempt for acomplishing so much while alive.. hope she finds the peace in death that she lookd for in life..

OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
Yeah, she's on the "Tjuga" :p

It would suck if they put Astrid on the Swedish 1-krona though, as we'll probably use the Euro soon. Let's put her on the Euro bills! :)

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Eh, I got another question to you swed people: I read this book when I was little, it was about this character named Karlson I believe? It`s a little dude that has some kind of helicopter engine connected to him (or something like that). It used to be one hell of a funy book, and I`m pretty sure that it was written by a swed author, but by whom?

OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
That book would be "Karlsson på taket" (Karlsson on the roof) by Astrid Lindgren. There was a movie about Karlsson too, called "Världens bästa Karlsson" (The best Karlsson in the world).

Funny movie, never read the book. :)

RatTrap

GODLIKE
i have.. but damn was that long time ago.. i didn't even read it in swedish.. heh.. and lol.. your description of it is kinda funny Oleg :p.. but yeah What Martin said..

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Well, it IS the RIGHT description, ain`t it? Actually, and correct me if I`m wrong, didn`t he have helicopter blades coming out of his arse? :)
I remember seeing the movie, it was pretty sweet too. But the book was friggin hillarious.

OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
ROFL, not, not from his arse but from his back. And he loved meat balls. :p

Astrid owns. :)

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Yeah, it`s all coming back to me, the whole meat balls thing... And that kid he was living with, he had this really scarry nanny... What was her name? Frecken Bock or some crap like that. Man, she was funny too. I wish I had that cartoon at home somewhere, I haven`t seen it for ages.