What's new

is nSX2 dead?

spyro32

SSBM and Kingdom Hearts fan
bob102 said:
it seems there are no updates in like the last year.
it was dead a long time ago until you made this thread :p .seriously they'll tell us if something bad happens :saint:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I don't think so, but remember NSX2 is a playstation2 emu, and as you know the PS2 is hardly an easy console to emulate.

sammyboy

Certified SuperHero
I no its like really hard to emulate this console but to me it does seem a bit strange. In the past year the PCSX2 has been able to do loads of new stuff, wheras I cant see anything thats coming up new with this emulator.

refraction

PCSX2 Coder
sammyboy said:
I no its like really hard to emulate this console but to me it does seem a bit strange. In the past year the PCSX2 has been able to do loads of new stuff, wheras I cant see anything thats coming up new with this emulator.

well i think PCSX2 was much more advanced before NSX2 even started, so they got to the point of loading the bios and games ages ago, plus someone had already written the Dynarec that it uses, where as NSX2 is having its dynarec written from scratch, its not the easiest thing to make.

sammyboy

Certified SuperHero
i see, but even its no news cant the NSX2 team just give us a word to say whether or not they are still working on the emu.

refraction

PCSX2 Coder
sammyboy said:
i see, but even its no news cant the NSX2 team just give us a word to say whether or not they are still working on the emu.

well the guys have lives, they might have put it down for a while to give them a rest, its like chanka, nobody heard from them for months, then suddenly they came back with news.

you can only wait and see, who knows which way things will go