What's new

Post a pic of your computer setup

Reznor007

Well, I saw the desktop thread, and decided we should have a full setup pic post.

My pic is slightly out of date, added a DVD player, SNES, and N64.

Gorxon

Administrator
AH!! He has murdered his nintendo! :p

(Look at the boxes at the right in the shelf....that's a NES....or was...)
:alien:

Allnatural

The sonic waves from that sub blasting you in the loins hasn't rendered you sterile, has it?:plain: :D :p

flow``

flow``
what in the **** are you doing w/ those speakers

oh yea, i've got the same sound card :) nice eh?

once i move i'll post a pic of my setup.. right now its all messy since we're in the process of moving

Pheo

i will post a pic when i have my tv set up as my secondary monitor
I'm still trying to build the connector, only need a capacitor which radio shack does not carry
would like a sound system like that but i would have it a little bit further away from my puter, shielded or not the bass could offset my first person shooting and cause me to take a shot to the head

OP
Reznor007

Reznor007

Gorxon said:
AH!! He has murdered his nintendo! :p

(Look at the boxes at the right in the shelf....that's a NES....or was...)
:alien:

No, my brother killed it(broke a cartridge connector), I am in the process of fixing it.

OP
Reznor007

Reznor007

Allnatural said:
The sonic waves from that sub blasting you in the loins hasn't rendered you sterile, has it?:plain: :D :p

Well...since the g/f takes "the shot" I'm not totally sure :devil:

OP
Reznor007

Reznor007

flow`` said:
what in the **** are you doing w/ those speakers

oh yea, i've got the same sound card :) nice eh?

once i move i'll post a pic of my setup.. right now its all messy since we're in the process of moving

B&W DM603-S2's....$1,100 per pair US. I have them as front and rear speakers...they are...nice :cool:

I highly recommend them to anyone with functioning ears. Bose can kiss my @$$ :)

OP
Reznor007

Reznor007

Pheo said:
i will post a pic when i have my tv set up as my secondary monitor
I'm still trying to build the connector, only need a capacitor which radio shack does not carry
would like a sound system like that but i would have it a little bit further away from my puter, shielded or not the bass could offset my first person shooting and cause me to take a shot to the head

The fronts/rears are not shielded(IIRC) but the center and sub are, but they are far enough away as to not cause interference.

And it doesn't affect aim at all :) Sniping in UT in true 5.1 surround is simply awesome.

Martin

Administrator
Reznor007 said:

B&W DM603-S2's....$1,100 per pair US. I have them as front and rear speakers...they are...nice :cool:

I highly recommend them to anyone with functioning ears. Bose can kiss my @$$ :)

Hey! Bose kicks arse too. A friend of mine has a Bose system and it's very nice. :)

Pheo

i'm working on getting a nice surround sound system but little $, however i would like to try those h3d glasses for gaming.

adi

get out of my house
Nice setup, I've got a similar rig with Linn Kelidh speakers and a Rotel processor. But with that fine sound system, what are you doing watching your dvds through a pc monitor? get a big telly, you have no idea the difference it will make.

OP
Reznor007

Reznor007

I still live with my parents, so my setup has to fit in a fairly small room :) Once I move out I'm getting a 64" 16:9 HDTV. Although my parents have a full home theater system also, so if I really want, I can watch on a real TV.

However, using DScaler(pc tv tuner program), I can use my computer as a very nice de-interlacer, with special filters, and digital auto calibration using THX Optimode or Avia discs.

EDIT: My CD player(in the pic), is a Rotel(RCD-951). Very nice stuff. Pricey though, that single disc tray loader was $450, compared to a $175 Sony 5 disc changer, but quality is more important :)

Last edited:
OP
Reznor007

Reznor007

Martin said:

Hey! Bose kicks arse too. A friend of mine has a Bose system and it's very nice. :)

??? Go into a nice home theater store, and they will laugh at the name of Bose :cool:

They are some of the best mass consumer level speakers, but fall way short of high end speakers, and are way overpriced for what you get.

RatTrap

GODLIKE
dito..

and reznor.. nice setup :D.. i like the amps.. only have creative 5.1 surround system myself.. and i've known it's not at all great but hey it works for me i'm not rich.. yet :D..

but anyhow SoundBlaster Live?.. pffft.. unless your using audigy i find creative less than hercules.. of course though.. creative is kind of standard today.. had a live platinum too.. sold it since i had no use for it heh..

OP
Reznor007

Reznor007

RatTrap said:
dito..

and reznor.. nice setup :D.. i like the amps.. only have creative 5.1 surround system myself.. and i've known it's not at all great but hey it works for me i'm not rich.. yet :D..

but anyhow SoundBlaster Live?.. pffft.. unless your using audigy i find creative less than hercules.. of course though.. creative is kind of standard today.. had a live platinum too.. sold it since i had no use for it heh..

I would upgrade to an Audigy, but it has a BIG problem with MIDI: It doesn't work right :) Once the MIDI issue is fixed(hopefully with drivers....) I will upgrade.