What's new

My MUPEN64 design (as seen in website corner!)

mesman00

What's that...?
Hacktarux, My MUPEN64 design (as seen in website corner!)

here is my design, i think its cool, i like it (especially the buttons), i hope you do too. if you wish i can change the logo back to ur original, ive used both and i like this new one better. i put the site on my server for now so eveyrone can see and tell what they think:
here it is http://members.cox.net/mesman00/Mupen64/index.html

Hacktarux please email me if you like the design (i hope you do) with the emulation64 server information and i will upload it to the real MUPEN64 URL. thanks

feedback is welcome!

Last edited:

Trotterwatch

I think it looks good, and I agree the buttons are great.

Perhaps a constructive criticsm would be that it has a little too much 'white space'. Apart from that though it's cool.

OP
mesman00

mesman00

What's that...?
yah, i was thinking also about making a Nintendo64 logo, and the puttin emulation under it, running down the side, horizontal, but im in schoolrightnow so that will have to wait

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Your design is starting to look very good but unfortunately it doesn't work well on opera browsers (at least the linux version where buttons doesn't appear). Can you try to fix it, it is the only browser I can use with my university connection :)

Thank you guy, please continue in this direction.

PS: Your logo is very cool :p

flow``

flow``
just a suggest.. might be smarter to put the downloads in vertical columns ?

Windows | beOs | Linux

just my thought

OP
mesman00

mesman00

What's that...?
hmm, buttons don't work eh?? flow r u using linux? hacktarux r u using opera 6 or a lower version. the buttons are flash so there really is no thing i can do to change them, atleast not that i know of, is there anything i can change in the code that anyone knows of?

oh yah, bout the dl's, good idea flow!

please keep in contact with me hacktarux so i can catch a few of your ideas!

Last edited:

_gpf_

how are you doing the site's layout? if you could get it all in a table design (looks like frames right now?) this background would look great flushed in back. :)

Fun Background

OP
mesman00

mesman00

What's that...?
just a suggest.. might be smarter to put the downloads in vertical columns ?

yep, thanks for the idea flow, i did that, both in screenshot section and downloads section. you can see it here: mupen64.

how are you doing the site's layout? if you could get it all in a table design (looks like frames right now?) this background would look great flushed in back.

yep, i'm doing it in frames, so im afraid that wouldn't do me too good, but thanks anyways

Hacktarux:
go here: http://www.opera.com/linux/docs/plugins/instplug.html#flash and it will give u the quick process of installing flash for opera on linux. after that you will be able to view the buttons on the site

If you would like (maybe i would like even more) to send me the emu64 ftp info ([email protected]) i would be glad to upload this as the official site.

again, check out the site here, and beware, its on a slow server, so it might take a bit to load:
mupen64

Last edited:

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
mesman, he cant give you the ftp info. If he did Martin and all the staff would be perdy pissed @ him :D

Remote

I have always felt that if I should critisize I should do it in a constructive way, I do not like others baggering my work with comments unwearthy to it, i.e it sucks.

Your design is really basic, I do realize that you are just starting to learn web design, but there is a lot if unneccesary whitespace, the flash menus do not add to the sites interactivity and drastically increases the time it takes between I write the URL in the adress field and until I see the entire page.

Replace the flash with images, add a background that interacts seamlessly with the menu and the caption and more importantly remove the double menu, it´s like having a book with double copies of every page. I saw that you used CSS(Cascading Style Sheets), use it more, make your page unique, or as others may say, streamline it.

If you have no intentions on removing the flash menus, please do add a simple flash detection script, you can accomplish a lot with flash but it´s not on every users computer yet, neither is DSL. I looked at your code, since you are only using one frame for content, the other ones are non changeble, you could use an iframe instead. Menu(s) and caption(s) could use <div>´s.

To aid you in your quest, please do check, and please be inspired, by these two adresses.

http://www.w3school.org/

http://www.docozone.com/

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
I am using opera6 for linux, but it can't load plug-ins with my university's configuration for a mysterious reason. I tried to see your design with netscape but:
- The background is gray by default on netscape, you should set a default color, or find a nice discreet background picture to put.
- There's a white space beetween the two last buttons (is it normal ?)

I agree with remote, you should add a flash detection code and make a static version of your menu.

The double menu's advantage is to center the content but maybe we can find anything else to put there.

The download section layout is a really good idea :)