What's new

STICKY!!! Solution for Memory error

Salty85

STICKY!!! Solution for "Failed to allocate Memory" error

This error occurrs with the logitech Mouse software, end the process when running the game, open it when done playing. Badda Bing Badda Boom. :term:

Edit: the exe at least for me is EM_EXEC.exe, it does not harm the app to stop it like that, just create a shortcut to it to open when you close PJ64.

Peace and share the Knowledge.

Last edited:
OP
S

Salty85

Here is what I did, I went and disabled all the starup programs using msconfig, restart, if the program works you have to go ahead and select the programs one by one, log out-login (or restart but it is slower) to find the culprit app.

this is in case you do not have logitech and still have the issue.

Post all findings here

marioevz

I just closed messenger plus 3 and that worked for me...
but I think you should close a couple of programs to get project 64 work ok.

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
I was able to open 4 copies of Project64 1.5 and 1964 0.9.9 at the same time.

Still no memory error at all. That's with Windows 2000 SP4 and 512 MB of RAM

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
I've read somewhere that PJ64 had a memory leak. I don't know if this was fixed in v1.5.
The sure thing is that you may be able to avoid the problem if you close any unnecessary applications.

Last edited:

justjo

I install the program, then when I start the program everytime i get the damn pop up telling me that it's failed to allocate memory. Your solution does not work. I don't want to delete MS security patches as was suggested in another thread. I don't want to do anything that compromises security. Can't the damn programmers get off their backsides and sort this out? :angry:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Try to press alt+ctrl+delete and cloce any unnecessary applications before running the emulator.

justjo

I did that dude but it don't work. Besides, I have enough memory etc for the program to work anyway. Damn incompetent programmers.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
In that case, readiing some other threads about the problem may help you sort it out. If not, use another emulator.
PJ64 is no longer developed (and it's free) so you can't ask for support from the authors.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
I recommend 1964. You should try various video and audio plugins to see which work best for you (the results depend on your system). Resident evil 2 seems to have problems with all the known video plugins. You can get what you need from here: http://www.emutalk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=67

PS: WOW 1000th post. w00t!!! :D

Poobah

justjo said:
I did that dude but it don't work. Besides, I have enough memory etc for the program to work anyway. Damn incompetent programmers.

What is up with you? First of all, the authors of Project64 haven't been working on it for 2 (?) years. Secondly, they wrote it for free, so you shouldn't be going crazy at them just because of one small bug (and you probably don't have a clue about programming anyway).

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
One thing, 1964 does not run as well as PJ64 out of the box, you must mess around with it to get good results, but once you manage it... it can be as good if not better than PJ64.

Not only that, just because an application doesn't work on your pc doesn't mean the programmers are incompetent, it means your PC is at fault.. PJ64 works perfect on nearly all users computers, I haven't even seen this error to be honest.

I heard setting it to windows 98 compatibility mode works... you should try it.

I'd love to be more helpful... but people disrespectful of emu authors piss me off.